For the last six years, O2 customers have enjoyed a range of exclusive deals, tickets…Read more
#CatchEmAtO2 this Friday
Unless you’ve been living under a rock for the last month, you’ll have heard about the latest craze that’s taking the world by storm. Pokémon Go has had the UK addicted since it launched here on 13 July (or before then, if you were crafty enough to install the US version before the UK launch). It’s now pretty common to see people wandering about, excitedly swiping their fingers up their screens in an attempt to catch Abras, Zubats and everything in between.
If you’re one of those people, then we’ve got some good news. To help you in your quest to catch ’em all, we’ll be dropping lures at Pokéstops close to O2 stores at 10 locations across the country (there’s a list at the bottom of this page). They’ll be popping up between 10am and 4pm this Friday, 26 August.
Even better, we’ve got some prizes up for grabs. And they’re not just any prizes – they’re the very best. We’ve put together the ultimate trainer’s bundle, and we’ve got 20 to give away. Winners will be chosen at random from all entries and contacted by O2 via Facebook or Twitter.
To be in with a chance of winning one, all you’ll need is picture of you grabbing a Pokémon at one of our lures, tweeted to us @O2 using the hashtag #CatchEmAtO2.
Here’s what makes the ultimate trainer bundle:
- 2GB of data added to your O2 contract for 1 month – so you can keep on catching for even longer
- Juice Weekender Reserve Power 8000mAh portable battery – to keep you powered up on the go
- £50 worth of Google Play or App Store vouchers – so you can stock up on Pokéballs to catch more
- A 12-month Netflix subscription – so when you’re done with Pokémon training you can watch the show. Over and over and over again
- Pikachu cuddly toy – because who doesn’t want an actual Pikachu?
At each of our participating stores, there’ll be an O2 Guru on hand to chat about portable batteries, mobile data bolt ons, our partnership with the NSPCC and, of course, the joys of Pokémon Go. If you don’t end up being one of our lucky winners, don’t worry – you can still pick up a portable battery at your local O2 store or at o2.co.uk, and if you ever find yourself short on mobile data, it’s easy to add more with a bolt on using My O2.
We’ve got 10 stores taking part – check the list below to find your nearest one:
- Barnstaple – 29 High Street, Barnstaple, Devon, EX31 1BL
- Camberley – 1 The Square, The Mall Main Square, Camberley, Surrey, GU15 3SL
- Derby – 28 East Street, Derby, Derbyshire, DE1 2AF
- Glasgow (Buchanan Street) – 87/89 Buchanan Street, Glasgow, Scotland, G1 3HF
- London (Tottenham Court Road) – 229 Tottenham Court Road, London, W1T 7QG
- London (Wandsworth) – Unit 71, Southside Centre, Wandsworth, Greater London, SW18 4TG
- Manchester (Market Street) – Unit 5, 39 Market Street, Manchester, M1 1WR
- Newcastle-under-Lyme – Unit 21, Castle Walk Shopping Centre, Newcastle Under Lyme, Staffordshire, ST5 1AN
- Surrey Quays – Unit 4, Surrey Quays Shopping Centre, London, SE16 7LL
- Sutton Coldfield – 91 The Parade, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, B72 1PL
So grab life by the Pokéballs, head out on Friday to be the very best (like no-one ever was) and you could end up winning one of 20 ultimate trainer bundles. And if you don’t, then at least you’ll probably bag a few new Pokémon (and about a million extra Pidgey candies).
Small print about the small print: As with all our comps, there are some standard terms and conditions. If you’d rather be reading them than out catching a Jigglypuff, click HERE. Then give yourself a good talking to, because Jigglypuffs are way more fun than small print. Also, you probably won’t get a million extra Pidgey candies from hanging around at a lure for six hours, so don’t kick off at us when you only get like 50 or something. 50 Pidgey candies is better than nothing (which, ironically, is what you’d get if you decided to stay at home reading the small print on Friday). Bye.