by Marcus Faithfull, Construction Lead: Business Services, Telefónica UK Whatever line of work you’re in,…Read more
O2 brings glorious 4G to Pay & Go, tablets and laptops
- O2 launches 4G tariff on Pay & Go – available in stores and online from today – with Mobile Broadband launching in November
- 4G Pay & Go Go Go is the only 4G tariff that gives customers more benefits the longer they stay on it
O2 today announces the launch of its new 4G tariff for Pay & Go customers, bringing the cost of 4G on O2 down to just £15 a month.
Following the launch of its 4G network just two months ago, O2 has introduced new tariffs to make it even easier for customers to get their hands on 4G. The brand new 4G Pay & Go Go Go tariff offers even more choice and flexibility for customers.
4G Pay & Go Go Go
The new O2 4G Pay & Go Go Go tariff grows in value over time and brings the cost of 4G on O2 down to just £15 a month. From day one, new customers get 500MB of data, 75 inclusive minutes and 500 texts. After three months, the tariff value doubles to 1GB of data, 150 inclusive minutes and 1000 texts.
In addition, existing customers who have been with O2 for three months or longer will move straight to the doubled bundle, meaning from today they can get their hands on 1GB of data, 150 inclusive minutes and 1000 texts for just £15*. If customers want to add more data, an additional 1GB will cost £10 – and they can do this is many times as needed.
This tariff is available with a range of 4G ready devices, including the new Nokia Lumia 625 for just £150, truly making 4G on O2 available to all.
4G Mobile Broadband
O2 today confirmed that customers will also be able to get O2 4G on their tablets and laptops with a new range of 4G Mobile Broadband tariffs, launching in November. These tariffs, released next month, will be available with a range of tablets including the Google Nexus 7.
For customers looking to get 4G on their laptop, the tariffs will also be available on 4G USB dongles, including the Huawei Dongle with mobile wifi, which can connect up to 10 other devices to the 4G network.
“This is a really important time for 4G in the UK” said Phil Maple, General Manager of Consumer Marketing at O2. “Increasingly our customers are telling us that they want choice and flexibility when choosing a tariff, and that’s why we’ve introduced 4G on Pay & Go. Pay & Go Go Go is the only 4G tariff that gets better over time, and it gives our customers an even more flexible and affordable way of getting their hands on this technology.”
“Two months ago we launched 4G for Pay Monthly customers with O2 Refresh. Now we’re bringing glorious 4G to Pay & Go and Mobile Broadband meaning even more people can get can get their hands on brilliant entertainment on the move, whether it’s on their phone, tablet or laptop.”
The new 4G Pay & Go tariff comes with all the great benefits you get with O2 Pay Monthly tariffs:
- Exclusive Entertainment: Customers who sign up to 4G with O2 will receive exclusive access to a range of music, sport and gaming content. This includes exclusive access to the most highly anticipated album of 2013 six days before it goes on general release -ARTPOP by Lady Gaga, and multiplayer gaming on the move that doesn’t eat into their data allowance.
- Online Tools: O2’s website now features a number of 4G tools, including a 4G coverage checker, data calculator to help customers decide how much data they need and an online set-up wizard for existing customers to move to 4G from their existing contract.
- O2 Gurus: Customers who want to find out more about 4G on O2 can visit their local O2 store, where O2 Gurus will offer free 4G experience sessions, to explore the possibilities that 4G will unlock for them.
O2 4G Pay & Go Go Go is now available in all O2 Stores, over the phone and online at www.o2.co.uk/4G
O2’s 4G Network now covers over 15 million people in the UK, across 11 key cities with many towns and surrounding areas up and down the country. For full network coverage information please visit www.o2.co.uk/4G
– ENDS –
*To move straight onto the double bundle, customers will need to have met the required top-up levels.
O2 is the commercial brand of Telefónica UK Limited and is a leading digital communications company. With over 23 million customers, O2 runs 2G, 3G and 4G networks. As well as operating O2 Wifi and owning half of Tesco Mobile, O2 has over 450 retail stores and sponsors The O2, O2 Academy venues and the England rugby team. Read more about O2 at www.o2.co.uk/news.
Telefónica UK Limited is part of Telefónica Europe plc (a business division of Telefónica SA) which uses O2 as its commercial brand in the UK, Slovakia, Germany and the Czech Republic.