Latest on this subject
- O2 Announces Exclusive Priority Partnership for Beyoncé's UK leg of the Mrs. Carter Show World Tour »
- New O2.co.uk Homepage Goes Live »
- Facebook statuses re-imagined as O2 creates "Future Timelines" »
- Young people's digital skills valued at £6.7billion by UK businesses »
- Surge in social sport this summer - Nike & O2 create a Priority digital sports club »
- Huw Stephens and O2 Think Big to "build a band" of real musicians to perform at the UK's biggest venues »
- 4 million stay-at-home workers during the Summer's Festivities »
O2's statement in response to Ofcom's announcement on 4G and Everything Everywhere
We are hugely disappointed with today’s announcement, which will mean the majority of consumers will be excluded from the first wave of digital services. This decision undermines the competitive environment for 4G in the UK.
For more information contact:
O2 Press Office
About O2 in the UK
O2 is the commercial brand of Telefónica UK Limited and is a leading communications company with over 23 million customers – read more about O2 at www.o2.co.uk/news
. O2 runs 2G and 3G networks and was the first to trial 4G/LTE, reaching speeds of over 100Mpbs, as well as owning half of Tesco Mobile. It also operates O2 Wifi, O2 Health, O2 Unify, O2 Media and has recently launched the O2 Wallet. O2 employs over 11,000 people in the UK, has 450 retail stores and sponsors The O2, O2 Academy venues and the England rugby team. Telefónica UK Limited is part of Telefónica Europe plc which uses O2 as its commercial brand in the UK, Ireland, Slovakia, Germany and the Czech Republic and is a business division of Telefónica SA.