How Surrey and Sussex Police forces reduced paperwork by 2 hours per officer per shift…Read more
O2 Broadband comes top in new studies
J.D. Power and Associates have just released two studies into broadband customer satisfaction and we’ve finished in first place on both of them. To celebrate, we're giving away a year’s free home broadband!
The studies, the J.D. Power and Associates 2008 UK Fixed Broadband ISP Customer Satisfaction StudySM and the J.D. Power and Associates 2008 UK Mobile Broadband ISP Customer Satisfaction StudySM, gave each provider a score out of a maximum of 1000. Our Home Broadband scored 767, while our Mobile Broadband scored 712.
The research looked at five key factors that affect how satisfied customers are with their broadband. J.D. Power and Associates judged these to be, in order of importance, performance and reliability; billing; cost of the service; and customer service/technical support.
“This is a fantastic recognition of the focus we’ve had on the customer experience,” said Peter Rampling, O2’s Marketing Director. “For both our mobile and home broadband services, we took our time coming to market to place the necessary emphasis on getting the customer experience right. This report demonstrates that we were right to take this approach.”
For more information, head to O2.co.uk and click broadband.
If you’d like to win a year’s free O2 Home Broadband on our Pro package, just answer this simple question.
JD Power and Associates looked at five factors that affect how satisfied people are with broadband. Which of these was not one of the factors?
A) Cost of the service
B) Customer service/technical support
C) Whether the router will match furniture
Once you’ve got the answer, you need to send your name, address, BT landline number and the correct answer to firstname.lastname@example.org. The competition closes on Thursday 19 February and full terms and conditions are below.
Terms and Conditions for O2 Home Broadband DNC Prize Draw
Prize Draw Dates: Midday GMT on Thursday 05 February to Midday GMT on Thursday 19 February
Entry: Visit dnc.o2.co.uk and follow the entry instructions. You will be asked a multiple choice question (“JD Power and Associates looked at five factors that affect how satisfied people are with broadband. Which of these was not one of the factors? (A) cost of the service (B) customer service/technical support or (C) whether the router will match furniture”) and will need to mail your answer, along with your address and BT landline number to email@example.com.
Draw Date: Monday 23 February
Prize: The prize is one free year of O2 Home Broadband Pro. If you are already in a contract for broadband, the package will be activated after the existing contract has ended.
Free subscription is for O2 Home Broadband Pro package only. The first twelve months will be free after which you will charged the standard rate for your services. All standard charges (including any termination or cancellation fees) apply. See o2.co.uk for full terms and details.
1. This Prize Draw is open to UK residents, excluding employees of O2, or any of its subsidiary companies, their families, agents or anyone else connected with this promotion. No third party entries, bulk entries or entries submitted by agents will be accepted. O2 reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants. O2 may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for the purpose of verifying the eligibility of an entry and the prize may be withheld until and unless O2 is satisfied with the verification.
2. Only one entry per person and per mobile phone number (if applicable) is allowed. Entries not complying with these terms and conditions will be invalid.
3. The Prize Draw runs during the Prize Draw Dates until the specified Closing Date. Entries received after this date and time will not be entered into the Prize Draw.
4. The instructions provided at the point of entry form part of the terms & conditions of this Prize Draw, and in the event of a conflict, these terms & conditions take precedence.
5. The winner(s) will be selected at random from all eligible entries received. Each winner will be notified within a reasonable time after the Draw Date or any subsequent draw either by email, mail or telephone. The prize is awarded conditionally upon acceptance and if a winner is unable to be contacted after a reasonable period or if any prize is unclaimed or declined within a reasonable period, the prize shall be deemed as unclaimed or unaccepted and a supplementary winner may be drawn at O2's discretion.
6. O2 will not be responsible for any inability of a prize winner to take up the specified prize.
7. O2 reserves the right to provide substitute prize(s) of similar value should the specified prize(s) become unavailable for reasons beyond its control. Cash or credit alternatives will not be offered. None of the prizes are transferable. Events may occasionally be cancelled for reasons outside O2’s control. O2 will endeavour to promptly update any relevant information but cannot issue refunds for texts sent or calls made before this occurs (where applicable). O2 will not be liable for any change of date or venue or cancellation of any event.
8. O2 accepts no responsibility for incorrectly completed, lost or delayed entries, notices, acceptances, tickets or other documents related to the Prize(s).
9. In the event of fraud, abuse, and/or an error affecting the proper operation of this Prize Draw, including the allocation of more prizes than are available, O2 reserves the right to end or suspend the Prize Draw; amend these terms & conditions; declare void the notification of winner(s); and/or to allocate available prizes by conducting a simple draw from all wrongly allocated winners.
10. If any provision of these terms and conditions is held invalid by any law, rule, order or regulation of any government, or by the final determination of any court of a competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
11. The winner(s) may be required to participate in publicity connected with this Prize Draw and it is a condition of entry that the winner(s) agree to their name and country of residence being made publicly available if they win.
12. The names of the major winner(s) may be obtained by sending a signed handwritten request along with a stamped self-addressed envelope detailing your request to the PR Team, Telefónica O2 UK Limited, 260 Bath Road, Slough SL1 4DX, and marked with the name of the Prize Draw.
13. Entrants’ data will be collected, stored and processed for the purposes of administering and assessing this Prize Draw. If a prize includes tickets to an event then for the purpose of administering the ticket allocation, O2 reserves the right to exchange information and data regarding tickets and applications with third party ticket providers and/or service providers.
14. O2’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. O2 reserves the right to suspend, cancel or amend the promotion and/or review and revise these terms and conditions at any time without giving prior notice and by continuing to take part in the promotion subsequent to any revision of these terms and conditions, entrants shall be deemed to have agreed to any such new or amended terms.
16. This promotion is governed by English Law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
17. The promoter of this Prize Draw is Telefónica O2 UK Limited, 260 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 4DX (“O2”).