How Surrey and Sussex Police forces reduced paperwork by 2 hours per officer per shift…Read more
If you're stuck abroad we can help
If you’re stranded in a foreign country due to the ash cloud we know it can help to be able to call your airline for the latest information. That’s why we’ve made calls to some of the UK’s biggest airlines free for O2 customers.
If you’re trying to contact your airline to arrange travel back to the UK, we’ve made contact numbers for the biggest airlines free from any country outside the UK. The numbers you need to use are:
- British Airways: 0191 490 7901
- Virgin Atlantic: 0129 347 3944
- Easyjet: 0871 244 2366 (this number may not work from some countries)
- Thomson Airways: 0247 628 2828
- BMI: 0133 264 8181
If you’re stuck in Europe, here are a few tips that can help keep you in touch until you get back:
- You may be able to save money using My Europe Extra – it’s £10 a month, it will make receiving calls free and reduce the cost of making calls too. Pay Monthly customers can sign up for a month by calling 202 while Pay & Go customers can text ‘extra month’ to 21300 and top up by calling 4444 free.
- Sending a text may be cheaper than calling – text messaging in Europe costs 11p at the most.
- Pay Monthly customers accessing data can save money by using one of our Data Abroad packages – Data Abroad 10 offers 10MB for £20 a month and Data Abroad 50 offers 50MB for £50 a month. You can sign up for Data Abroad by calling 202 for free.
Our 202 short code can be used to sign up for My Europe Extra or Data Abroad in the following countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Egypt, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey & USA.