Received a dodgy-looking email? We're aware of a phishing scam using O2's name. Click here…Read more
Share your break as it happens with O2 Travel
O2 Travel is O2’s new rate for our customers when they’re travelling across Europe this summer. For just £1.99, you can get enough data to share up to 20 snaps on Instagram to make your friends green with envy as you soak up the sun. And one of those snaps could win you a trip.
Or you could spend up to 2.5 hours surfing the web to find great local restaurants, bars, clubs and entertainment. Or keep an eye on the office while you’re poolside checking in on up to 100 emails … with their attachments.For those wanting to talk, there is a one-off connection charge of 50p for all calls made in Europe. When you make a call you’ll be using your UK minutes. Receiving a call is also subject to a 50p one off connection charge. It is then free to talk to for up to 60 minutes. For Pay and Go customers or Pay Monthly users who have run out of minutes in their package, calls are just 28 pence per minute to make and 7 pence per minute to receive.
To celebrate, we’re offering one lucky pair a trip-of-lifetime break in Europe so you can test-drive O2 Travel for yourself. All you have to do is share a holiday snap on Twitter or Instagram and tag your picture with #o2travel. Get them in by 30th September 2012 to be in with a chance of winning the break.
We’ll pick up all the photos you post and Instagram legend @idazz will choose his favourite from amongst them. The winning photograph will get a two night break to Barcelona, courtesy of O2 Travel. You’ll stay at one of the city’s best four star hotels and we’ll fly you there and arrange transfers to your hotel.
Full Terms and Conditions
1. This competition is open to UK residents aged 18 or over, excluding employees of the Promoter and their immediate families, their agents or anyone professionally associated with this promotion.
2. No purchase necessary, however internet access is required.
3. All enteries must be received between 00.01 GMT on 1st September 2012 and 11.59 GMT on 30th September 2012.
Post a photograph taken from your holidays (this could be a holiday that you have been on in the past or you can submit a photo while on the holiday) on Instagram or Twitter and tag it #o2travel in the description or Tweet.
1. You may enter as many times as you like, providing each picture is different.
2. Prizes: The prize includes return flights from a UK airport to Barcelona, transfers to your hotel and two nights in a four star hotel.
There will be 1 winning entry, to be selected from all entries received during the promotional period and as judged by a judging panel which will choose a winner based on its Originality and Creativity.
Once the winners have been selected, we will seek to ensure that the photograph was taken by you and may ask to see supporting evidence. If supporting evidence is not submitted, the Promoter reserves the right to reject the entry.
3. Entries will also be rejected if they:
- contain defamatory, malicious, indecent or other inappropriate content;
- refer to brands other than those of the Promoter;
- include copywrited material not owned by you;
- include the names, likenesses, photographs or similar of any individual without their express permission;
- represent a danger to health and safety;
- disparage the promoter or any other person or party affiliated with the promotion.
4. Winners will be notified by email within 7 days of each of the closing dates referred to in clause 2 above. Winners who do not respond within 14 days of being notified will be disqualified and an alternative winner selected in the same manner.
5. Entrants should ensure that they have the permission of anyone who appears in their photograph and if under 16, appropriate parental consent.
6. All entries are subject to moderation. The Promoter has the absolute discretion to upload or not upload, to consider for judging or not to judge or to remove any content already uploaded without giving reasons or recourse for its decision.
7. If an entry has been created by more than one person, you must pick only one person to be the entrant. The Promoter will assume that this person is empowered to act and respond on behalf of all those involved in the specific submission.
8. Entrants acknowledge that other entrants may have submitted ideas and concepts that may be similar to his/her entry, and that he/she will not be entitled to any compensation or right to negotiate with the Promoter over such matters.
9. The Promoter reserves the right to publish the names and counties of residence of the winners. The winners may be required to participate in the Promoter’s marketing and promotional activities and by entering the Promotion consents to such participation.
10. No compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated and there is no cash alternative. If the winner is unable to take their prize within the stated period, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to another winner chosen in the same manner. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for an alternative of equal or greater value.
11. Holidays must be used by 31st December 2012.
12. No responsibility is accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of transmission or sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
13. No bulk, third party or organised group entries will be accepted. Corrupt entries or those not in accordance with entry instructions will not be accepted.
14. The Promoter shall have the right, where necessary, to undertake all such action as is reasonable to protect itself against fraudulent or invalid claims including, without limitation, to require further verification as to the identity, age, and other relevant details of a participant.
15. Entries will become the property of the Promoter (including all intellectual property rights in the entry).
16. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter or Instagram. You understand that you are providing your information to the Promoter and not to Twitter or Instagram, and that neither Twitter or Instagram have any liability for any element of this promotion.
17. By taking part in this promotion all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these terms and conditions.
18. To the fullest extent possible by law, the Promoter assumes no responsibility for damages, losses or injuries that result from acceptance of the prize.
19. O2 intends to incorporate photographs submitted as well as the winning photographs into its promotional and marketing materials.
20. The Entrant hereby grants to O2 and O2’s contractors and agents an irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive, sub-licensable and assignable license to use, display, reproduce, modify, translate, distribute, sell and sublicense the winning stories, to incorporate the winning stories into promotional and marketing materials.
21. The Entrant represents and warrants to O2 that the Contributor has the sole lawful right and authority to convey to O2 the rights and license in the winning stories set forth herein without obtaining any consent of, or causing O2 to incur any royalty or other payment obligation to, any third party. If this representation and warranty proves to be false, the Contributor agrees to indemnify and hold O2 harmless from any and all claims, costs (including but not limited to attorneys’ fees), liabilities and damages O2 suffers as a result, and, at the request and option of O2, shall defend O2 in any action filed against it based on any such claim.
22. The names and countries of the winners, along with their winning entries, will be available at http://j.mp/o2travel between 1st and 30th September 2012.
23. This Promotion is governed by English law and subject to the sole jurisdiction of the English courts.
24. Promoter: Telefónica UK Limited, with registered address as 260 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 4DX