When O2 began funding and mentoring young people to run social action projects through our…Read more
Ever wondered what it was like to laugh like a VIP? Wonder no more...
As proud sponsors of The O2, we get a box-shaped perk. It’s a box.
But it’s not just any box – it’s a suite with a balcony, a great view of the stage and complimentary food & drink throughout the show. Inside the box itself, there are tables surrounded by bar stools, a private cloakroom and a bar. Out on the balcony you can soak up the full atmosphere of the show from spacious, comfortable seats.
But why are we telling you all this? That’s an easy one to answer: We want to take you there.
For the first time ever via Twitter, we’re giving away five pairs of money-can’t-buy tickets for our suite at The O2. And what better way to do it than by having a laugh?
This month, award-winning comedian Michael McIntyre will start a 10-night run of shows at The O2. Many of the dates have already sold out, including Saturday 29 September – when one group of very lucky people will be laughing in luxury as the floppy-haired joker delivers his characteristically energetic routine. Want to be part of that lucky group? Read on…
- @Victoria_Jarman: “Why did the lion get lost? … Because jungle is massive.”
- @cw1985: “What do you call a man with a spade on his head? … Doug.”
- @CarlWeston7: “What is ET short for? … Because he’s only got little legs.”
- @TaniaMahmoud: “Why do cows wear bells? … Because their horns dont work!”
- @Gary_Dexter: “How do you approach an angry Welsh bear? … Caerphilly.”
How you can win a VIP LOL:
We figured that to get a laugh, you need to be able to give one. So, we want you to tweet us @O2 with your best joke using #O2LOL. You’ll need to get them in before the competition closes at 11pm on Wednesday 5 September 2012, we’ll pick our favourites on Thursday 6 September and contact the winners directly for more information. Easy.
Like a punch line, this bit’s pretty important – so read it twice:
- The prize is tickets only – we can’t pay your bus fare and you can’t sleep on our sofa, so you’ll need to arrange your own transport and accommodation if needed
- The tickets are for the Michael McIntyre Arena Tour show, starting at 8pm on Saturday 29 September 2012 at The O2 in London – we can’t exchange them for any other date, event or location
- If we pick you as a winner, we’ll need to confirm your details and those of your +1. You’ll both need to bring matching ID on the night to collect your tickets
- Standard competition terms apply. If you really want to, you can read them at http://j.mp/O2Terms.
So, get your funny on, tweet your jokes @O2 using #O2LOL and you could LOL like a VIP on 29 September.