Received a dodgy-looking email? We're aware of a phishing scam using O2's name. Click here…Read more
Win a paid for trip with #O2Trains
O2 Train Travel is O2’s new train travel mobile app that allows you to buy fee-free train tickets on the move from any rail operator in the UK.
With our new train travel app, downloadable by texting TRAINS to 61202, you can plan the fastest route to any town or City across the UK, compare prices and purchase the cheapest tickets available, directly from your mobile. We don’t charge any booking fees or sting you for using your credit card. You can pay for tickets quickly and securely with our innovative mobile payments service O2 Wallet, or manually using your debit or credit card.
For those wanting to buy multiple tickets, it’s easy to do with O2 Train Travel and you can also make seat reservations on the go. Mobile-tickets can be purchased on all available routes so all you have to do is wave your phone in front of the ticket inspector or ticket barrier saving you more time at the train station.
To celebrate, we’re offering two lucky pairs of customers a fantastic rail break in the UK so you can test-drive O2 Train Travel for yourself and visit some beautiful and far-flung places. All you have to do is share a snap with a favourite view of Britain taken on your travels using Twitter (find us @O2) or Instagram (find us at o2uk) and tag your picture with #o2trains. Get them in by 30 April 2013 to be in with a chance of winning a break.
We’ll pick up all the photos you post and Instagram legends @Jeera and @finn will help us choose two favourites from amongst them. The two winning photographs will get a two night, all-travel expenses paid break to Edinburgh or the Lake District, courtesy of O2. You’ll travel by train in style and stay at one of your chosen destination’s best boutique hotels. We’ll also organise transfers to your hotel from the train station.
Get on the right track with O2 Train Travel and download it now.
Full Terms and Conditions
- This competition is open to UK residents aged 18 or over, excluding employees of the Promoter and their immediate families, their agents or anyone professionally associated with this promotion.
- No purchase necessary, however internet access is required.
- All entries must be received between 00.01 GMT on 28 March 2013 and 11.59 GMT on 30 April 2013.
Post a photograph taken from a recent journey around the UK (this could be a trip that you have been on in the past or you can submit a photo while on a journey) on Instagram or Twitter and tag it #o2trains in the description or Tweet.
- You may enter as many times as you like, providing each picture is different.
- Prizes: The prize includes return standard class rail tickets from a UK station to either the Lake District or Edinburgh, transfers to your hotel and two nights in a four star hotel.
There will be 2 winning entries, to be selected from all entries received during the promotional period and as judged by a judging panel which will choose two winners based on its Originality and Creativity.
Once the winners have been selected, we will seek to ensure that the photograph was taken by you and may ask to see supporting evidence. If supporting evidence is not submitted, the Promoter reserves the right to reject the entry.Entries will also be rejected if they:
- contain defamatory, malicious, indecent or other inappropriate content;
- refer to brands other than those of the Promoter;
- include copywrited material not owned by you;
- include the names, likenesses, photographs or similar of any individual without their express permission;
- represent a danger to health and safety;
- disparage the promoter or any other person or party affiliated with the promotion.
Terms and Conditions:
- Winners will be notified by email within 7 days of the closing date referred to in clause 3 above. Winners who do not respond within 14 days of being notified will be disqualified and an alternative winner selected in the same manner.
- Entrants should ensure that they have the permission of anyone who appears in their photograph and if under 16, appropriate parental consent.
- All entries are subject to moderation. The Promoter has the absolute discretion to upload or not upload, to consider for judging or not to judge or to remove any content already uploaded without giving reasons or recourse for its decision.
- If an entry has been created by more than one person, you must pick only one person to be the entrant. The Promoter will assume that this person is empowered to act and respond on behalf of all those involved in the specific submission.
- Entrants acknowledge that other entrants may have submitted ideas and concepts that may be similar to his/her entry, and that he/she will not be entitled to any compensation or right to negotiate with the Promoter over such matters.
- The Promoter reserves the right to publish the names and counties of residence of the winners. The winners may be required to participate in the Promoter’s marketing and promotional activities and by entering the Promotion consents to such participation.
- No compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated and there is no cash alternative. If the winner is unable to take their prize within the stated period, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to another winner chosen in the same manner. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for an alternative of equal or greater value.
- Trips must be used by end April 2014.
- No responsibility is accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of transmission or sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- No bulk, third party or organised group entries will be accepted. Corrupt entries or those not in accordance with entry instructions will not be accepted.
- The Promoter shall have the right, where necessary, to undertake all such action as is reasonable to protect itself against fraudulent or invalid claims including, without limitation, to require further verification as to the identity, age, and other relevant details of a participant.
- Entries will become the property of the Promoter (including all intellectual property rights in the entry).
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter or Instagram. You understand that you are providing your information to the Promoter and not to Twitter or Instagram, and that neither Twitter or Instagram have any liability for any element of this promotion.
- Entries must not give undue prominence to any third party trade marks (i.e. trade marks not owned or controlled by the promoter). Entries must only refer to third party trade marks to identify those trade marks in accordance with honest practices and any such reference must be made with due cause and must not take unfair advantage of, or be detrimental to, the distinctive character or repute of the trade mark in question. Entries must not denigrate any third party trade marks. Entrants must ensure that they do not infringe third party trade mark rights with their entries.
- Entries must not contain third party copyright material and must not infringe any right of privacy, right of publicity, copyright or any other third party rights.
- Entries must be the work of the entrant. By entering the competition entrants confirm that their entry is original and that it has not been published before.
- If anyone other than the entrant appears in an entry the entrant must get their permission before submitting the entry.
- By taking part in this promotion all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these terms and conditions.
- To the fullest extent possible by law, the Promoter assumes no responsibility for damages, losses or injuries that result from acceptance of the prize.
- O2 intends to incorporate photographs submitted as well as the winning photographs into its promotional and marketing materials.
- The Entrant hereby grants to O2 and O2’s contractors and agents an irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive, sub-licensable and assignable license to use, display, reproduce, modify, translate, distribute, sell and sublicense the winning stories, to incorporate the winning stories into promotional and marketing materials.
- The Entrant represents and warrants to O2 that the Contributor has the sole lawful right and authority to convey to O2 the rights and license in the winning stories set forth herein without obtaining any consent of, or causing O2 to incur any royalty or other payment obligation to, any third party. If this representation and warranty proves to be false, the Contributor agrees to indemnify and hold O2 harmless from any and all claims, costs (including but not limited to attorneys’ fees), liabilities and damages O2 suffers as a result, and, at the request and option of O2, shall defend O2 in any action filed against it based on any such claim.
- The names and counties of the winners, along with their winning entries, will be available at http://o2lin.kr/O2Trains between 7 May and 21 May 2013.
- This Promotion is governed by English law and subject to the sole jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Promoter: Telefónica UK Limited, with registered address as 260 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 4DX