Received a dodgy-looking email? We're aware of a phishing scam using O2's name. Click here…Read more
Win an Xperia Z with #O2PicturePurple
We’re giving away two brand new Sony Xperia Z’s! Available in purple, exclusively on O2.
There are two ways for you to win.
1. We’ve launched a photography competition, which is all about giving our followers the opportunity to be creative without too many instructions from us. To enter you need to upload your image to Instagram with the #O2PicturePurple hashtag OR on Twitter using @O2 and the hashtag.
This is a chance for you to show off your photography and editing skills. We’re looking for images with purple as the theme – not everything in the image has to be purple, but we’re looking for the purple element to be distinctive. It could be a landscape, a T-shirt you designed with purple detailing, a glass of purple sweets or even a friend who’s decided to go for some questionable purple eye-shadow. Do your thing – we believe in you!
Our favourite images will be shared on the O2UK Instagram page and the best entry will win a Sony Xperia Z!
Here’s an example we took today!
2. There’s another way for you to win! Buy any purple or pink accessory at an O2 store (either online or at a retail unit), then send us a photo to @O2 using the hashtag #O2PicturePurple on Twitter. You need to do this within the competition time period and include your receipt in the photo. We’ll select one winner at random! (Online purchasers – post a copy of your receipt, make sure the date is visible).
The Sony Xperia Z in purple is available exclusively on O2. It’s full HD and has an amazing Exmor RS™ enabled-13MP camera with Fast Capture, featuring many components that Sony install into their top of the range digital cameras. Check it out here.
This competition is now closed.
Congratulations to our winners:
@Hazysky – Photography competition
@nessy956 – Accessory purchase competition
Here’s the small print…
#O2PicturePurple Competition, Terms & Conditions
- This competition is open to Great Britain residents aged 18 or over, excluding employees of the Promoter and their immediate families, their agents or anyone professionally associated with this promotion.
- Internet access is required.
- All entries must be received between 09.00 GMT on 20 March 2013 and 23.59 GMT on 21 March 2013.
- There are two ways to enter.
- (1) Post a photograph which engages with our theme – “picture purple” (this could be anything – a landscape for example – so long as the purple element is distinctive) on Instagram or @O2 on Twitter .
- Tag it with our hashtag – “#O2PicturePurple” in the description.
- (2) Or, become a finalist by buying an accessory in purple or pink at an O2 store and uploading an image of it with the receipt to @O2 on Twitter, using the hashtag #O2PicturePurple. The purchase must be made between 09.00 GMT on 20 March 2013 and 23.59 GMT on 21 March 2013.
- You may enter as many times as you like, providing each picture or purchase is different.
- Prize: a new Sony Xperia Z in purple. We have two to give away. One will be awarded to an accessory purchase entrant and the other will be awarded for the best image.
There will be 2 winning entries. These will be selected from all the entries received during the promotional period.
- Image entries will be judged by a judging panel. This winner will be selected based on originality and creativity.
- The winning entry for the accessory purchase option will be selected at random.
Once the winner has been selected, we will seek to ensure that the photograph was taken by you and may ask to see supporting evidence. If supporting evidence is not submitted, the Promoter reserves the right to reject the entry.
Entries will also be rejected if they:
- contain defamatory, malicious, indecent or other inappropriate content;
- refer to brands other than those of the Promoter;
- include copywrited material not owned by you;
- include the names, likenesses, photographs or similar of any individual without their express permission;
- represent a danger to health and safety;
- disparage the promoter or any other person or party affiliated with the promotion.
- Winners will be notified by Twitter and then email within 7 days of the closing date referred to above (23.59 GMT, 21 March 2013). Winners who do not respond within 14 days of being notified will be disqualified and an alternative winner selected in the same manner.
- Entrants should ensure that they have the permission of anyone who appears in their photograph and if under 16, appropriate parental consent.
- All entries are subject to moderation. The Promoter has the absolute discretion to upload or not upload, to consider for judging or not to judge or to remove any content already uploaded without giving reasons or recourse for its decision.
- If an entry has been created or purchased by more than one person, you must pick only one person to be the entrant. The Promoter will assume that this person is empowered to act and respond on behalf of all those involved in the specific submission.
- Entrants acknowledge that other entrants may have submitted ideas and concepts that may be similar to his/her entry, and that he/she will not be entitled to any compensation or right to negotiate with the Promoter over such matters.
- The Promoter reserves the right to publish the names and countries of residence of the winners. The winners may be required to participate in the Promoter’s marketing and promotional activities and by entering the Promotion consents to such participation.
- No compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated and there is no cash alternative. If the winner is unable to take their prize within the stated period, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to another winner chosen in the same manner. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for an alternative of equal or greater value.
- No responsibility is accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of transmission or sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- No bulk, third party or organised group entries will be accepted. Corrupt entries or those not in accordance with entry instructions will not be accepted.
- The Promoter shall have the right, where necessary, to undertake all such action as is reasonable to protect itself against fraudulent or invalid claims including, without limitation, to require further verification as to the identity, age, and other relevant details of a participant.
- Entries will become the property of the Promoter (including all intellectual property rights in the entry).
- Entries must not give undue prominence to any third party trade marks (i.e. trade marks not owned or controlled by the promoter). Entries must only refer to third party trade marks to identify those trade marks in accordance with honest practices and any such reference must be made with due cause and must not take unfair advantage of, or be detrimental to, the distinctive character or repute of the trade mark in question. Entries must not denigrate any third party trademarks. Entrants must ensure that they do not infringe third party trade mark rights with their entries.
- Entries must not contain third party copyright material and must not infringe any right of privacy, right of publicity, copyright or any other third party rights.
- Entries must be the work of the entrant. By entering the competition entrants confirm that their entry is original and that it has not been published before.
- If anyone other than the entrant appears in an entry the entrant must get their permission before submitting the entry.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter or Instagram. You understand that you are providing your information to the Promoter and not to Twitter or Instagram, and that neither Twitter or Instagram have any liability for any element of this promotion.
- By taking part in this promotion all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these terms and conditions.
- To the fullest extent possible by law, the Promoter assumes no responsibility for damages, losses or injuries that result from acceptance of the prize.
- O2 intends to incorporate photographs submitted as well as the winning photographs into its promotional and marketing materials.
- The Entrant hereby grants to O2 and O2’s contractors and agents an irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive, sub-licensable and assignable license to use, display, reproduce, modify, translate, distribute, sell and sublicense the winning entries, to incorporate the winning entries into promotional and marketing materials.
- The Entrant represents and warrants to O2 that the Contributor has the sole lawful right and authority to convey to O2 the rights and license in the winning entries set forth herein without obtaining any consent of, or causing O2 to incur any royalty or other payment obligation to, any third party. If this representation and warranty proves to be false, the Contributor agrees to indemnify and hold O2 harmless from any and all claims, costs (including but not limited to attorneys’ fees), liabilities and damages O2 suffers as a result, and, at the request and option of O2, shall defend O2 in any action filed against it based on any such claim.
- The names and countries of the winners, along with their winning entries, will be available at http://news.o2.co.uk/?p=5704 between 22 March and 28 March 2013.
- This Promotion is governed by English law and subject to the sole jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Promoter: Telefónica UK Limited, with registered address as 260 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 4DX