Received a dodgy-looking email? We're aware of a phishing scam using O2's name. Click here…Read more
Want to bag yourself an upcycled phone? Read on and win one...
At O2, we think recycling can be beautiful. That’s why we’ll offer you a cash payment if you recycle your old handset with us – so you can do the right thing for your wallet as well as the environment.
Last month, we ran an experiment, asking designer and artist Sean Miles to create “Walkie Talkies” – taking recycled phones and some vintage footwear, combining them and making brand new, working phones. If you missed them, you can read all about them here.
Now, we’re offering you the chance to win a brand new set of UpCycled products. We’re going to be making four beautiful upcycled bags (there will be a his ‘n’ hers, don’t worry lads).
Ever fumbled in the bottom of a bag, only to find you’ve missed a call? Worry not, with our latest invention, the bag IS a phone … so you’ll fumble no more!
How to get involved
All you have to do is head to www.o2recycle.co.uk, recycle your old handset (you’ll get your payment the usual way) and send a Tweet to @O2 or @O2UKThinkBig using the hashtag #O2UpCycle in your tweet to let us know you’ve done it.
We’ll pick four of the phones we receive details for by 25 April 2013 and upcycle them – which means you’ll be the lucky recipient of a brand new “phone bag” – not just a collector’s item and work of art, but a functioning phone too!
Terms & Conditions
Full Terms and Conditions
- This competition is open to UK residents aged 18 or over, excluding employees of the Promoter and their immediate families, their agents or anyone professionally associated with this promotion.
- All entries must be received between 00.01 GMT on 9 April 2013 and 11.59 GMT on 23 April 2013.
- Winners will be selected from those handsets received by O2 Recycle by 25 April 2013
- Go to www.o2recycle.co.uk and register a working mobile handset to be recycled
- Agree to the quote you are offered from the service
- Tweet using #O2UpCycle to let O2 know that you are entering and recycling a handset OR answer a question on the O2 Community.
- You may enter as many times as you like, providing each phone is different.
- Prizes: The prize is your old handset “Upcycled” into one of four designer handbags and returned to you. The prize will be available from 1 June 2013 to allow time for production.
There will be 4 winning entries, to be selected from all entries received during the promotional period with the winner picked at random from entries received.
- Entries will also be rejected if they are not a functioning mobile handset
- Winners will be notified by email within 7 days of each of the closing date referred to in clause 2 above. Winners who do not respond within 14 days of being notified will be disqualified and an alternative winner selected in the same manner.
- The Promoter reserves the right to publish the names and counties of residence of the winners. The winners may be required to participate in the Promoter’s marketing and promotional activities and by entering the Promotion consents to such participation.
- No compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated and there is no cash alternative. If the winner is unable to take their prize within the stated period, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to another winner chosen in the same manner. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for an alternative of equal or greater value.
- No responsibility is accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of transmission or sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- The Promoter shall have the right, where necessary, to undertake all such action as is reasonable to protect itself against fraudulent or invalid claims including, without limitation, to require further verification as to the identity, age, and other relevant details of a participant.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter or Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to the Promoter and not to Twitter or Facebook, and that neither Twitter or Facebook have any liability for any element of this promotion.
- By taking part in this promotion all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these terms and conditions.
- To the fullest extent possible by law, the Promoter assumes no responsibility for damages, losses or injuries that result from acceptance of the prize.
- O2 intends to incorporate photographs submitted as well as the winning photographs into its promotional and marketing materials.
- The names and counties of the winners, along with their winning entries, will be available at http://o2lin.kr/O2Upcycle between 1 May 2013 and 1 June 2013.
- This Promotion is governed by English law and subject to the sole jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Promoter: Telefónica UK Limited, with registered address as 260 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 4DX