Win £500 with new Pay & Go top-up service
You can now top up any O2 Pay & Go phone using Pay & Go Top-Ups, the latest addition to O2 Wallet. It means you’ll be able to top up any amount between £10 and £50 in just a few clicks or taps. And because it’s through O2 Wallet, you don’t need to worry about putting in your card details every time. Top up as many as five different numbers for each card in your O2 Wallet, all from one place. It’s free and anyone with an O2 Wallet can use it.
To celebrate the launch of our new Pay & Go Top-Up service, we’re running a competition to win £500 for anyone that uses the service to top up an O2 Pay & Go mobile in the next month in what we’re calling ‘500 pays for summer’
Two lucky people that top up an O2 Pay & Go phone using the top-up service during the competition period, then post a tweet saying what you’d spend the prize money on using the hashtag #500paysforsummer will win £500 each. Winners will be picked at random and the cash prize will be downloaded onto their O2Wallet where they can spend it on the must-have items of the summer using O2Wallet’s shopping app, or paying for items on the high street using the contactless O2 Money Account Card.
- First, you need to register for the O2 Wallet here and then download the app. Text TOPUPO2 (or TOPUPBEANS if you’ve been sent here from Student Beans) to 61202 to get started and follow the instructions to set your account up.
Complete the following two entry steps:
- Tap on the Pay & Go top-up icon and pick the number you want to top up from your phonebook (it must be an O2 Pay & Go mobile but it doesn’t need to be your own) with a minimum of £10; and
- Once you’ve made the top-up, post a tweet saying what you’d spend £500 and include the hashtag #500paysforsummer in your message (the “entry steps”).
- The competition will run from 13 June – 11 July. We’ll pick two winners at random after the competition has closed. If the randomly selected winners have not completed both entry steps, new winners will be randomly selected and contacted until two winners who have completed the entry steps are found.
You may enter as many times as you like. And because O2 Wallet is available when you’re with any bank and any network, it means you can enter even if you’re not an O2 customer (as long as you still top up an O2 Pay & Go mobile) and you’ll still be in with a chance of winning.
Terms and Conditions
- This competition is open to UK residents only (excluding Northern Ireland), 18+ UK mobile number needed, data charges may apply, full terms apply, see o2.co.uk
- There must be a minimum of £10 top-up using the Pay & Go Top-Up service to enter, followed by a tweet using the required hashtag
- All entries must be received between 00.01 GMT on 13 June 2013 and 11.59 GMT on 11 July 2013
There will be two winning entries to be selected at random from all entries received during the promotional period.
Once the winners have been selected, they will be contacted via direct message via twitter to get their name and mobile phone number to verify the top up during the promotional period. If the top up wasn’t made during the promotional period, the Promoter reserves the right to reject the entry. Entries will also be rejected if they:
- contain defamatory, malicious, indecent or other inappropriate content;
- refer to brands other than those of the Promoter;
- include copywrited material not owned by you;
- include the names, likenesses, photographs or similar of any individual without their express permission;
- disparage the promoter or any other person or party affiliated with the promotion.
Full Terms and Conditions:
- Winners will be notified by email within 7 days of the closing date referred to in clause 3 above. Winners who do not respond within 14 days of being notified will be disqualified and an alternative winner selected in the same manner.
- All entries are subject to moderation.
- O2 reserves the right to publish the names and counties of residence of the winners. The winners may be required to participate in the O2’s marketing and promotional activities and by entering the Promotion consents to such participation.
- The prize will be credited to the winner’s O2 Wallet account. No compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated and there is no cash alternative. If the winner is unable to take their prize within the stated period, O2 reserves the right to offer the prize to another winner chosen in the same manner. O2 reserves the right to substitute the prize for an alternative of equal or greater value.
- No responsibility is accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of transmission or sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- No bulk, third party or organised group entries will be accepted. Corrupt entries or those not in accordance with entry instructions will not be accepted.
- O2 shall have the right, where necessary, to undertake all such action as is reasonable to protect itself against fraudulent or invalid claims including, without limitation, to require further verification as to the identity, age, and other relevant details of a participant.
- Entries will become the property of O2 (including all intellectual property rights in the entry).
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter or IDT Financial Services (hereinafter IDTFS). You understand that you are providing your information to O2 and not to Twitter or IDTFS, and that Twitter, IDTFS or O2 have no liability for any element of this promotion.
- By taking part in this promotion all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these terms and conditions.
- To the fullest extent possible by law, O2 assumes no responsibility for damages, losses or injuries that result from acceptance of the prize.
- The Entrant hereby grants to O2 and O2’s contractors and agents an irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive, sub-licensable and assignable license to use, display, reproduce, modify, translate, distribute, sell and sublicense the winning stories, to incorporate the winning stories into promotional and marketing materials.
- The Entrant represents and warrants to O2 that the Contributor has the sole lawful right and authority to convey to O2 the rights and license in the winning stories set forth herein without obtaining any consent of, or causing O2 to incur any royalty or other payment obligation to, any third party. If this representation and warranty proves to be false, the Contributor agrees to indemnify and hold O2 harmless from any and all claims, costs (including but not limited to attorneys’ fees), liabilities and damages O2 suffers as a result, and, at the request and option of O2, shall defend O2 in any action filed against it based on any such claim.
- This Promotion is governed by English law and subject to the sole jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Promoter: Telefónica UK Limited, with registered address as 260 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 4DX
The O2 Money Account is issued by IDT Financial Services Limited pursuant to a license from Visa Europe. IDT Financial Services Limited is a regulated bank, licensed by the Financial Services Commission, Gibraltar. Registered Office: 57-63 Line Wall Road, Gibraltar. Registered No. 95716
All communications should be sent to O2 Money Customer Services, PO Box 16222, Birmingham, B16 6SR
UK only, 13+, UK mobile number needed, data charges may apply, full terms apply, see o2.co.uk
Telefónica Financial Services UK Limited. Registered in England and Wales no. 7584114. Registered
Office 260 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 4DX, United Kingdom. Correct at time of going to press June 2013.