With TU Go, your number can be truly mobile. Experience it for yourself & you…Read more
Xperia Tablet Z terms and conditions
Here are the terms and conditions for our Xperia Tablet Z competition running in June 2013.
1. This promotion is open to all UK residents, excluding employees of O2, or any of its subsidiary companies, their families, agents or anyone else connected with this promotion. No third party applications, bulk applications or applications submitted by agents will be accepted. O2 reserves the right to verify the eligibility of applicants. O2 may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for the purpose of verifying the eligibility of an application and the prize may be withheld until and unless O2 is satisfied with the verification.
2. Applications not complying with these terms and conditions will be invalid.
3. The prizes: 7 Sony Xperia Tablet Z prize bundles (comprising an Xperia Tablet Z, an O2 SIM card with 2GB data, a screen protector and a case will be given away throughout Wednesday 12 June 2013. The promotion will end at midnight Wednesday 12 June. O2 standard terms and conditions will apply to winners in relation to their use of the O2 SIM card and data. These can be viewed at o2.co.uk/terms.
4. The instructions provided at the point of entry form part of the terms & conditions of this promotion, and in the event of a conflict, these terms & conditions take precedence.
5. Throughout Wednesday 12 June O2 will run seven individual competitions with one prize bundle awarded per competition.
6. From midnight until 09:00, one person who tweets @O2 using hashtag #WinAnO2TabletZ will be picked at random to win a prize bundle.
7. From 09:00 till 18:00, O2 will run up to a further five competitions. These competitions will be hosted on O2’s blog – http://news.o2.co.uk – where a mobile number will be revealed, one digit at a time, as people send tweets @O2 using #WinAnO2TabletZ. The number of tweets required to publish each number may vary throughout the day and the exact number required will not be published, although a gauge will show the progress towards the next digit being revealed. Once the full mobile number has been revealed, the first person to call it and speak to the person who answers the phone will win a prize bundle. Any calls received before the full number has been revealed will be deemed to be invalid entries, as will anyone who calls the number and does not speak. After the first call has been received the competition will end and another one will begin later on in the day with a total of up to five being run until 18:00.
8. From 18:00 till midnight, a final competition will run where anyone who tweets @O2 using hashtag #WinAnO2TabletZ will be picked at random to win a prize bundle.
9. The prize is awarded conditionally upon acceptance and if a selected recipient is unable to be contacted after a reasonable period or if any prize bundle is unclaimed or declined within a reasonable period, the prize shall be deemed as unclaimed or unaccepted and a supplementary recipient may be chosen at O2’s discretion.
10. O2 will not be responsible for any inability of a selected recipient to take up the specified prize.
11. O2 reserves the right to provide substitute prizes of similar value should the specified prize(s) become unavailable for reasons beyond its control. Cash or credit alternatives will not be offered. None of the prizes are transferable.
12. O2 accepts no responsibility for incorrectly completed, lost or delayed entries, calls, notices, acceptances, tickets or other documents related to the free prizes.
13. In the event of fraud, abuse, and/or an error affecting the proper operation of this promotion, including the allocation of more prizes than are available, O2 reserves the right to end or suspend the promotion; amend these terms & conditions; declare void the notification of recipients; and/or to reallocate available prizes.
14. If any provision of these terms and conditions is held invalid by any law, rule, order or regulation of any government, or by the final determination of any court of a competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
15. The recipients may be required to participate in publicity connected with this promotion and it is a condition of entry that the recipients agree to their name and country of residence being made publicly available if they are successful.
16. The names of the major recipients(s) may be obtained by sending a signed handwritten request along with a stamped self-addressed envelope detailing your request to the PR & Social Media Team, Telefónica UK Limited, 260 Bath Road, Slough SL1 4DX, and marked with the name of the promotion.
17. Participants’ data will be collected, stored and processed for the purposes of administering and assessing this promotion.
18. O2’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
19. O2 reserves the right to suspend, cancel or amend the promotion and/or review and revise these terms and conditions at any time without giving prior notice and by continuing to take part in the promotion subsequent to any revision of these terms and conditions, participants shall be deemed to have agreed to any such new or amended terms.
20. This promotion is governed by English Law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
21. The promoter of this promotion is Telefónica UK Limited, 260 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 4DX (“O2”).