For almost ten years, we’ve been giving our customers access to the best tickets, exclusive…Read more
Win tickets to play 'A Shot at Fame'
We love technology and the stuff it can do, so we’re thrilled to partner with A Door in a Wall and Nokia to offer you a chance to experience an interactive murder mystery event where you’ll solve puzzles using NFC technology and some of the cool new features of the Nokia Lumia 925.
The event is called A Shot At Fame and will take place over the weekend of 20/21 July in Central London. Here’s a bit more about the plot that you’ll need to uncover:
Singer-songwriter Anna Coustic was headed for fame and fortune; her soulful summer melodies had won over the TV judges, the viewing public and a record label, who were promising to make her the next big thing. But someone thought her success had gone far enough. Just before an exclusive gig for her biggest fans, Anna is found shot dead in her hotel room; the killer a mystery. Was it an obsessive maniac, a vengeful rival or a murky past that ended her musical ambitions? Only you can find out.
Gather your closest confidants, and master the latest mobile technology to piece together a twisting plot by uncovering clues and characters hidden around central London. A Door In A Wall, in association with O2 and Nokia, are proud to present an innovative new adventure: A Shot At Fame…
*** THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED. CANDIDATES WILL BE NOTIFIED BY SECURED E-MAIL ***
- First, we need to know you’re a puzzle fan. So you’ll need to visit A Door In A Wall’s website, complete the special ‘A Shot at Fame’ pre-puzzle on the site and find the hidden password
- Once you’ve got the answer, email it to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following details – your name, address, mobile phone number and the names of up to three people you will be bringing in your team (the “entry steps”).
- You must also specify which event you want to attend – Saturday afternoon, Saturday evening, Sunday afternoon or Sunday evening .
- The competition will run from 27 June – 5 July. We’ll pick the winners at random after the competition has closed. If the randomly selected winners have not completed the entry steps, new winners will be randomly selected and contacted until winners who have completed the entry steps are found.
Terms and Conditions
- This competition is open to UK residents only, 18+ UK, mobile number needed
- All entries must be received between 00.01 GMT on 27 June 2013 and 11.59 GMT on 5 July 2013
- Guests coming to the event with the Winner must be 18 or over.
- The prize involves quite a lot of strenuous activity.
Forty winning entries will be selected at random from all entries received during the promotional period. If the allocation for your preferred slot is full, we’ll offer you the closest alternative date.
Once the winners have been selected, they will be contacted via email to confirm their attendance.
Full Terms and Conditions:
- This Prize Draw is open to UK residents aged 18+, excluding employees of O2, or any of its subsidiary companies, their families, agents or anyone else connected with this promotion. No third party entries, bulk entries or entries submitted by agents will be accepted. O2 reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants. O2 may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for the purpose of verifying the eligibility of an entry and the prize may be withheld until and unless O2 is satisfied with the verification.
- Only one entry per person is allowed. Entries not complying with these terms and conditions will be invalid.
- The Prize Draw runs during the Prize Draw Dates until the specified Closing Date. Entries received after this date and time will not be entered into the Prize Draw.
- The instructions provided at the point of entry form part of the terms & conditions of this Prize Draw, and in the event of a conflict, these terms & conditions take precedence.
- The winner(s) will be selected at random from all eligible entries received. Each winner will be notified within a reasonable time after the Draw Date or any subsequent draw either by email, mail or telephone. The prize is awarded conditionally upon acceptance and if a winner is unable to be contacted after a reasonable period or if any prize is unclaimed or declined within a reasonable period, the prize shall be deemed as unclaimed or unaccepted and a supplementary winner may be drawn at O2’s discretion.
- O2 will not be responsible for any inability of a prize winner to take up the specified prize.
- Unless otherwise expressly stated, where the prize requires attendance at a specific venue, the winner and any permitted companions will be solely responsible for travel to and from the venue and all other expenses. O2 assumes no responsibility and is not liable for any costs, charges or expenses which winners may be required to pay at any time in connection with a Prize. Any additional terms of entry specified by the venue will also apply which, in the case of events at The O2, can be viewed online at http://www.theo2.co.uk/web/guest/termsandconditions.
- O2 reserves the right to provide substitute prize(s) of similar value should the specified prize(s) become unavailable for reasons beyond its control. Cash or credit alternatives will not be offered. None of the prizes are transferable. Events may occasionally be cancelled for reasons outside O2’s control. O2 will endeavour to promptly update any relevant information but cannot issue refunds for texts sent or calls made before this occurs (where applicable). O2 will not be liable for any change of date or venue or cancellation of any event.
- O2 accepts no responsibility for incorrectly completed, lost or delayed entries, notices, acceptances, tickets or other documents related to the Prize(s).
- In the event of fraud, abuse, and/or an error affecting the proper operation of this Prize Draw, including the allocation of more prizes than are available, O2 reserves the right to end or suspend the Prize Draw; amend these terms & conditions; declare void the notification of winner(s); and/or to allocate available prizes by conducting a simple draw from all wrongly allocated winners.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is held invalid by any law, rule, order or regulation of any government, or by the final determination of any court of a competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
- The winner(s) may be required to participate in publicity connected with this Prize Draw and it is a condition of entry that the winner(s) agree to their name and country of residence being made publicly available if they win.
- The names of the major winner(s) may be obtained by sending a signed handwritten request along with a stamped self-addressed envelope detailing your request to the Marketing Team, Telefónica UK Limited, 260 Bath Road, Slough SL1 4DX, and marked with the name of the Prize Draw.
- Entrants’ data will be collected, stored and processed for the purposes of administering and assessing this Prize Draw. If a prize includes tickets to an event then for the purpose of administering the ticket allocation, O2 reserves the right to exchange information and data regarding tickets and applications with third party ticket providers and/or service providers.
- O2’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- O2 reserves the right to suspend, cancel or amend the promotion and/or review and revise these terms and conditions at any time without giving prior notice and by continuing to take part in the promotion subsequent to any revision of these terms and conditions, entrants shall be deemed to have agreed to any such new or amended terms.
- The Prize Draw is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. By entering this Prize Draw, you are providing information to O2 and not to Facebook and you release of Facebook from any liability associated with this Prize Draw.
- This promotion is governed by English Law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- The promoter of this Prize Draw is Telefónica UK Limited, 260 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 4DX (“O2”).