Win a year's worth of advertising on Twitter
To celebrate the launch of O2 Social Insights and our partnership with Twitter we are giving one British small business the opportunity to win a year’s worth of advertising on Twitter, to the value of £5,000.
To enter simply sign up to O2 Social Insights and send out a Tweet from your Twitter account using #O2SocialInsights telling us one way social media will help your business grow.
Some examples of entries:
- “Social media helps me reach new customers #O2SocialInsights”
- “I can service customers in a digital world #O2SocialInsights”
The competition will run until Friday November 29th and the winner will be announced the following week on @o2businessuk.
- Competition Dates: Thursday 14th November 2013 to midnight on 29th November 2013 (Closing Date)
- Entry: Entrants must be businesses that are residents of the UK, Channel Islands and the Isle of Man. The competition is not open to employees of the Promoter and their immediate families, their subsidiaries or affiliated companies, or anyone professionally connected to the promotion.
- To enter this Competition, please sign up to the O2 Social Insights website during the Competition Dates. To be eligible you must have a Twitter account that represents a UK Business and is not for personal use. The same account must be used to register for the O2 Social Insights website.
- Before signing up for this promotion you should check that you are eligible to advertise on Twitter. The rules on eligibility for Twitter ads can be viewed on the following link: https://support.twitter.com/groups/58-advertising/topics/249-advertiser-policies/articles/20170376-about-eligibility-for-twitter-ads#.
- Participants in this competition must adhere to the O2 Social Insights General Terms and Conditions. Anyone breaching these rules may be disqualified from the competition (at the sole discretion of O2). The decision of O2 in relation to all matters relating to this competition is final.
- You must also adhere to the Twitter policy on advertising which can be found here : https://support.twitter.com/articles/20169693#.
- We reserve the right to withdraw this promotion from anyone who breaches any of these rules or any of the Twitter rules at any time. We also reserve the right to block people who break any of the rules from our O2 Social Insights website or anyone who breaches advertising laws and regulations.
- Judging Criteria and The winner will be judged on the most improved performance on the O2 Social Insights website from signing up until the Closing Date. Please note, the analysis will be based on detailed Kred computer analytics and will not be based on the O2 Social Insights leader board scores (which present more basic scores). The decision of the judges in relation to all promotional matters will be final.
- Anyone taking steps to fraudulently raise their score may be investigated by O2, may have their score or ranking reduced or may be disqualified at the sole discretion of O2. Fraudulent activity includes but is not limited to deliberately taking steps to lower their score before signing up in order to achieve a bigger score improvement. O2 may investigate such activity from time to time but any decision by O2 in relation to such a matter will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Prize: The Prize is £5000 of advertising credit to be used on Twitter before the end of 2014. Credits will take up to 30 days to be added to the associated Twitter account once approved for advertising by Twitter.
1. This Competition is open to all businesses who are UK residents, excluding employees of O2, or any of its subsidiary companies, their families, agents or anyone else connected with this promotion. No third party entries, bulk entries or entries submitted by agents will be accepted. O2 reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants. O2 may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for the purpose of verifying the eligibility of an entry and the prize may be withheld until and unless O2 is satisfied with the verification.
2. Only one entry per business is allowed. Entries not complying with these terms and conditions will be invalid.
3. The Competition runs during the Competition Dates until the specified Closing Date. Entries received after this date and time will not be entered into the Competition.
4. The instructions provided at the point of entry form part of the terms & conditions of this Competition, and in the event of a conflict, these terms & conditions take precedence.
5. The winner(s) will be selected from all eligible entries received on the basis of the Judging Criteria set out above. Each winner will be notified within a reasonable time after the Judging Date either by email, mail, telephone or via Twitter. The prize is awarded conditionally upon acceptance and if a winner is unable to be contacted after a reasonable period or if any prize is unclaimed or declined within a reasonable period, the prize shall be deemed as unclaimed or unaccepted and the next best entry may be awarded the Prize at O2’s discretion.
6. O2 will not be responsible for any inability of a prize winner to take up the specified prize.
7. Unless otherwise expressly stated, where the prize requires attendance at a specific venue, the winner and any permitted companions will be solely responsible for travel to and from the venue and all other expenses. O2 assumes no responsibility and is not liable for any costs, charges or expenses which winners may be required to pay at any time in connection with a Prize. Any additional terms of entry specified by the venue will also apply which, in the case of events at The O2, can be viewed online at http://www.theo2.co.uk/web/guest/termsandconditions.
8. O2 reserves the right to provide substitute prize(s) of similar value should the specified prize(s) become unavailable for reasons beyond its control. Cash or credit alternatives will not be offered. None of the prizes are transferable. Events may occasionally be cancelled for reasons outside O2’s control. O2 will endeavour to promptly update any relevant information but cannot issue refunds for texts sent or calls made before this occurs (where applicable). O2 will not be liable for any change of date or venue or cancellation of any event.
9. O2 accepts no responsibility for incorrectly completed, lost or delayed entries, notices, acceptances, tickets or other documents related to the Prize(s).
10. In the event of fraud, abuse, and/or an error affecting the proper operation of this Competition, including the allocation of more prizes than are available, O2 reserves the right to end or suspend the Competition; amend these terms & conditions; declare void the notification of winner(s); and/or to allocate available prizes by conducting a simple draw from all wrongly allocated winners.
11. If any provision of these terms and conditions is held invalid by any law, rule, order or regulation of any government, or by the final determination of any court of a competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
12. The winner(s) may be required to participate in publicity connected with this Competition and it is a condition of entry that the winner(s) agree to their name and country of residence being made publicly available if they win.
13. The names of the major winner(s) may be obtained by sending a signed handwritten request along with a stamped self-addressed envelope detailing your request to the Marketing Team, Telefónica UK Limited, 260 Bath Road, Slough SL1 4DX, and marked with the name of the Competition.
14. Entrants’ data will be collected, stored and processed for the purposes of administering and assessing this Competition. If a prize includes tickets to an event then for the purpose of administering the ticket allocation, O2 reserves the right to exchange information and data regarding tickets and applications with third party ticket providers and/or service providers.
15. O2’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. O2 reserves the right to suspend, cancel or amend the promotion and/or review and revise these terms and conditions at any time without giving prior notice and by continuing to take part in the promotion subsequent to any revision of these terms and conditions, entrants shall be deemed to have agreed to any such new or amended terms.
17. The Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter. By entering this Prize Draw, you are providing information to O2 and not to Twitter and you release Twitter from any liability associated with this Competition.
18. This promotion is governed by English Law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
19. The promoter of this Competition is Telefónica UK Limited, 260 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 4DX (“O2”).