Received a dodgy-looking email? We're aware of a phishing scam using O2's name. Click here…Read more
Wayra UnLtd start-up call ends 9 March
Wayra UnLtd is on the lookout for the next cohort of start-ups with social good at their heart to join the Academy in 2014.
Last year Wayra UK and social enterprise network UnLtd partnered to create Wayra UnLtd – a new Academy aimed at supporting social entrepreneurs. 10 start-ups joined in 2013 and have accelerated their business over the past few months, gaining further investment to help them in the future.
The deadline for the second call for applications is Sunday 9 March 2014. If you know of any small businesses that fit the bill, please encourage them to apply.
What we’re looking for
- The best digital talent in the world and accelerate their ideas
- Amazing digital start-ups that have the power to improve society
- Start-ups that are registered (or are happy to register their start-up) as a UK Business, less than 2 years old and have received no more than £200k worth of state aid funding either from the UK Government or from the European Union
What’s on offer?
- Physical incubation for up to eight months each in a purpose-built Wayra UnLtd Academy
- Seed-funding of £40,000 per team structured as a convertible loan
- World class coaching and mentoring, from Telefónica people, the UnLtd team and our partners
- Support on monitoring and showcasing the impact of your work
- Access to a global network of 14 existing Wayra Academies and the amazing talent within them
- Fast-track access to influential decision makers in the public, private and third sectors and second round investors
- The potential to unlock the power of 300 million Telefónica customers globally
- Access to follow-on investors
Think you’ve got what it takes to be the next big thing, or know someone who does? Find out more here.