For any England Rugby super fan the chance to spend some time with the team…Read more
No trash talk please. It's National Recycle Week
To celebrate National Recycle Week we’re lifting the lid on all the great stuff we do for customers, Think Big youth projects and the environment through O2 Recycle.
Since launching in 2009, we’ve seen O2 Recycle grow to become the biggest network recycler in Europe. We’re really proud of what we’ve achieved, so we’ve detailed a few of the highlights below.
- In the last five years, O2 Recycle has paid over £78million to customers and recycled over 1 million devices.
- In 2014, we’ve already recycled over 190,000 devices and paid out over £12m to customers.
- The average pay out is around £79 per handset.
- Nine out of ten phones we receive are re-used as refurbished devices and the remainder are broken down so the useful components, such as LCD screens and microchips, can be re-used to make new products .
- O2 Recycle has generated over £2million for Think Big, funding over 5,000 youth projects across the UK.
Do your bit to support National Recycle Week
There are around one billion phones in Europe sat in drawers waiting for a new lease of life. Chances are you’ve got one or two lying around at home too, so now’s the perfect time to hunt them down.
O2 Recycle can be used by anyone, regardless of whether they’re with O2 or not. Simply go online or in store, register your items, delete any personal data and give them to us. You’ll be paid within five working days of receipt. Find out more about O2 Recycle.