We’re all music lovers at O2. It’s why we sponsor some of the world’s leading…Read more
5 things you never knew about Chezza
Cheryl Cole has transformed from little Geordie lass to a fully-fledged global star since bursting into the public’s spotlight 12 years ago on Popstars: The Rivals. She’s just bagged her fourth solo number one over the weekend with Crazy Stupid Love, featuring Tinie Tempah, so to celebrate, here are five things you may not know about our Chezza.
- She’s never forgotten her roots: Cheryl set up The Cheryl Cole Foundation, in collaboration with The Prince’s Trust in 2011 to help struggling school children in her native North East. She even joined forces with ASOS to sell a bunch of her most prized fashion possessions, raising £58,000 for charity. Not bad for a wardrobe clear out.
- She had a secret wedding:Well, it was a secret until the world’s media found out. The gorgeous Geordie reportedly tied the knot with French restaurant owner, Jean-Bernard Fernandez-Versini, on a Caribbean island in July this year after only three months of dating. Sorry boys!
- She’s bottled her own scent: Having dabbled in creating perfumes as a child, which she admits were a bit of a disaster, the X Factor judge has officially launched her own brand of heavenly scents dubbed Storm Flower. Let’s hope this one’s more of a success, eh Cheryl?
- She’s made it to the big screen: In 2007 Cheryl had a fleeting cameo in the British film St Trinians along with the rest of Girls Aloud. She also starred in 2012’s What To Expect When Expecting alongside Cameron Diaz, as a judge on a TV dance show. Keep your eyes peeled next time you watch it.
- She’s a nifty mover: Cheryl was a star ballerina as a child and was even accepted into the London Royal Ballet Summer School at the age of 9. But perhaps more impressive , she also appeared on children’s TV show Gimme 5 in 1993, looking very on pointe. A sign of the stardom (and fashion icon status) to come.
You can listen to Cheryl’s number one track Crazy Stupid Love, as well as the rest of the top 40 and a ton of dedicated playlists on O2 Tracks. Text TRACKS to 61202 to get started.