O2 Priority and the BFI
Between 6pm on 19 December and 5pm on 22 December, you’ll be able to vote for your favourite from the five films below on Twitter. It’s easy. Free tickets for the film which gets the most retweets will be put into the Priority app for you to claim exclusively. Plus, everyone who votes for the winning film will be put into a random draw to win themselves a pair of tickets. We’ve got ten pairs to give away.
Here are the films in the running with a couple of interesting facts and IMDB links:
– Metropolis: this film inspired the makers of Superman to name their character’s city Metropolis.
– Alien: Ridley Scott persuaded his studio to double the film’s budget with epic and particularly gruesome Alien storyboards.
– E.T. the extra terrestrial: the story of the alien trying to find its way home was the highest grossing film of 1982 and the most successful film in history until Jurassic Park came along.
– Barbarella: for better or worse, the missing scientist in this film (Durand Durand) inspired the name of eighties band, Duran Duran.
– Flash Gordon: Arnold Schwarzenegger was turned down for the lead role because of his distinctly Austrian accent.
Make sure you’ve got your eye on our Twitter feed at 6pm on 19 December to see the tweets go out and get retweeting for your favourite film. Winners of the ten pairs of tickets will be picked at 10am on 29 December at random. As usual, we’ve got a few terms and conditions for you to read if you’re that way inclined.