Terms and conditions for #O2HappyCat
This promotion to submit a photo of your cat with the possibility of coming to a ‘cat casting’ session, and the winning cat appearing in an O2 advert and receiving a year’s supply of cat food (the “Promotion”) is being promoted by Telefónica UK Limited having its registered office at 260 Bath Road, Slough SL1 4DX (“O2“). Please read the following terms and conditions carefully. These terms and conditions govern the Promotion.
Terms and Conditions
- The Promotion is open to UK residents over the age of 18.
- The Promotion will run from 9am 15th April 2015 – 12pm 21 April 2015 (the “Promotion Period”). O2 reserves the right to extend or shorten the Promotion Period at any time. Entries submitted after the end of the Promotion Period will not be considered.
- To take part in the Promotion you (hereinafter “you” or the “Participant”) must submit a photo of your cat through Twitter and use #O2HappyCat and include O2’s Twitter account @O2 in the accompanying tweet.
- If your cat is successfully shortlisted, you will be contacted via Twitter Direct Message by 6pm on Tuesday 21 April asking for your email address. You must provide your email address by 3pm Wednesday 22 April and respond to the cat casting session invite O2 will send on Thursday 23 April. If you do not respond to O2’s email by this time another cat will be selected. The owners of these cats will be contacted by Twitter Direct Message by 3pm on Thursday 23 April to ask for their email address and must respond to the email O2 will send them by 5pm Friday 24 April.
- All shortlisted cats and their owners will be invited to a ‘cat casting’ audition on Wednesday 29 April 2015 (the “Audition”) where they will be asked to audition in front of a panel. O2 will pay for all reasonable travel expenses for cats and their owners to attend the Audition.
- A winning cat will be chosen by a panel of judges. The selection process and the judging criteria will be subject to O2’s discretion.
- The cat selected at the Audition, will:
- be featured in an O2 Refresh advert and have its photo taken at a separate event (the exact type of advert and location of the advert will be subject to O2 discretion); and
- the owner of the winning cat will receive a year’s supply of cat food (together the “Prize”).
- The winning cat and its owner (the “Winner”) must be available for a professional photoshoot in the week commencing 4 May 2015. Should they not be available at this date, O2 reserves the right to rescind the Prize and select another Winner.
- By entering your cat in the Promotion you:
- agree and accept that O2 will not be liable for any damage, injury, or loss which you and/or your cat may suffer as a result of your participation in the Audition and the Promotion (to the fullest extent permitted by law);
- warrant that your cat has up to date vaccinations and immunisations and you are the primary owner of your cat;
- accept full responsibility for the behaviour of your cat at the Audition; and
- agree that you will bring your own cat lead, cat box and/or cat carrier to the Audition.
- To the extent possible under law, you (on your behalf, and on the behalf of your heirs, executors, and assigns) fully release, discharge, and hold harmless O2 and all other persons and entities involved with your and your cat’s participation in the Audition and the Promotion, from all claims, actions, liabilities and causes of action which may accrue as a result of your and your cat’s participation in the Audition and the Promotion.
- O2 does not exclude or limit, and nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to exclude or limit, in any way, O2’s liability for: (i) death or personal injury caused by O2’s negligence or the negligence of O2’s employees, agents, or subcontractors, or (ii) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- You understand and accept that O2 will be taking photographs and/or video footage of you and/or your cat at the Audition and for the purposes of the Promotion (the “Content”). You will not receive any payment or deferred payment for the Content. You give your consent for O2 to take and use the Content freely. You consent to O2 using the Content anywhere in the world. O2 may use the Content for commercial or non-commercial purposes, in any media format (whether known now or yet to be invented). Typical media formats include: (i) in O2’s printed publications, presentations, promotional materials, internal and external communications, (ii) in the advertising of O2’s goods or services, or (iii) on O2’s website. You understand and accept that other media formats other than those listed may be used. You agree that O2 may use the Content in its original format or edited or altered in any way which O2 deems appropriate. You consent to O2 storing copies of the Content, or your contact details, on its database. You also consent to O2 transferring or storing the Content, and your contact details outside of the European Economic Area.
- The Prize is awarded conditionally upon acceptance and if the Winner cannot be contacted after a reasonable period or if the Prize is unclaimed or declined within a reasonable period, the Prize shall be deemed as unclaimed or unaccepted and a supplementary winner will be selected at O2′s discretion.
- O2 reserves the right to provide a substitute Prize of similar value. Cash or credit alternatives will not be offered. The Prize is not transferable.
- The Winner may be required to participate in publicity connected with the Promotion and it is a condition of entry that the Winner agrees to their name and country of residence being made publicly available if they win.
- The names of the Winner may be obtained by sending a signed handwritten request along with a stamped self-addressed envelope detailing the request to the PR Team, Telefónica UK Limited, 260 Bath Road, Slough SL1 4DX, and marked with the name ‘Britain’s Happiest Cat’.
- Participants’ data will be collected, stored and processed for the purposes of administering and assessing the Promotion.
- O2’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- O2 reserves the right to suspend, cancel or amend the Promotion and/or review and revise these terms and conditions at any time without giving prior notice and by continuing to take part in the Promotion subsequent to any revision of these terms and conditions, Participants shall be deemed to have agreed to any such new or amended terms.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is held invalid by any law, rule, order or regulation of any government, or by the final determination of any court of a competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
- The Promotion and these terms and conditions are governed by English Law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.