Student selfie competition terms and conditions
These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry/claim instructions are deemed to form part of the terms and conditions and by participating all claimants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the terms and conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.
1. Open to residents of the UK (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) and Republic of Ireland aged 18 years or over except employees of O2 (the “Promoter”), their immediate families, their group companies, their agents or anyone professionally connected with the promotion.
2. Entrants who do not give correct details or those who make an entry on someone else’s behalf will be disqualified, at the Promoter’s discretion. No entries from agents, third parties, organised groups or entries automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No bulk entries. Entrants who use multiple Facebook, Twitter or Instagram accounts to enter will be disqualified.
3. No purchase necessary.
4. Internet access and a valid registered Facebook, Twitter or Instagram account will be required. This is an online promotion only, there is no postal or telephone application route.
5. Promotion is open from 9am on 22.09.15 to midnight on 16.10.15.
6. To take part in the promotion and be eligible to win the prize, entrants must complete the challenge set by the Promoter via Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. To do so, they must:
• Be registered with a valid Facebook, Twitter or Instagram account.
• If using Twitter, follow @O2
• Submit a photo entry by using #O2Students.
7. The challenge: To enter, you must upload a picture of your best ‘when your parents don’t offer to pay for your train ticket home’ selfie with #O2Students.
8. Entries are limited to one per person per day and any entries made after the closing date / time, will not be accepted.
9. By submitting your entry you are agreeing and confirming that:
– You shall be solely responsible for your entry and the consequences of posting or publishing it.
– The entire copyright in the entry and all content included in it of any nature, including images, is original and belongs to you.
– You have permission from all people appearing in the entry to submit it for these purposes.
– Your entry does not disclose any personal or confidential information belonging to you or anyone else.
– Your entry is not false, a misrepresentation, obscene, offensive, discriminatory or libellous.
10. The winner will be chosen at random by an independent adjudicator on 17.10.15.
11. There is one prize, of a weekend in Paris, to be won. The prize consists of:
• Travel allowance for train travel within mainland UK to London up to the value of £50pp;
• Return Eurostar standard class travel from London to Paris;
• 2 nights’ accommodation in a private apartment in Paris;
• Travel insurance.
12. A valid credit or debit card will be required for security deposit purposes when checking into the apartment.
13. Return Eurostar standard class travel from London to Paris only.
14. Travel insurance is subject to restrictions and the terms and conditions of the insurance provider. It is the responsibility of the winner and/or their companion(s) to meet any additional costs relating to obtaining insurance cover for any pre-existing medical condition and for any additional costs as may be specified where the winner and / or their companion(s) are aged 70 or over.
15. Prize cannot be taken from 21.12.2015 – 02.01.2016, UK bank holidays, or over Easter Sunday; Stay must include a Saturday night.
16. Prize is valid for 12 months from the date of notification of winning, and travel must be booked and completed within that time frame. All elements of the prize must be taken at the same time. Once booked, the prize cannot be altered or amended.
17. Winners and guest must be aged 18 or over.
18. The prize excludes domestic ground transfers.
19. The prize excludes meals and drinks (other than those specified above), excursions, attractions, treatments, visas and personal expenses and anything not expressly included in the prize.
20. The winner will be contacted via a direct message on the social media platform they used to enter (Facebook, Twitter or Instagram), within 24 hours of the draw and will be asked to provide a postal address. The winner may be asked to provide proof of age to claim their prize in accordance with the terms outlined above.
21. The Promoter will take all reasonable steps to contact winners but, in the event the claim for a prize is not received by the Promoter within 28 days of such notification, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw prize entitlement and award the prize to a reserve selected at the same time as the original.
22. It is the responsibility of the prize winner to supply the correct personal information and the correct postal address. The Promoter will not be liable for non-delivery of prizes caused by the provision of wrong information, postal disputes or other causes beyond its control.
23. Each part of the prize will be provided to the winner and their guests by the individual service provider responsible for the part in question and will be subject to any additional terms and conditions as specified by those service providers. None of these service providers are part of Telefónica’s organisation and all experiences are taken at the risk of the winner and their guests. In the event of any problems or complaints arising, those must be addressed by the winner to the relevant service provider and not to the Promoter.
24. If it becomes apparent that an entrant is using/has used computer(s) to circumvent these conditions by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’ or any other automated means, that person’s entries will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
25. The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries including but not limited to asking for address and identity details (which they must provide within 14 days) and to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotions entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means. The Promoter will be the final arbiter in any decisions and these will be binding and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to this clause.
26. In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Promoter, or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error (human or computer) affects or could affect the proper operation of this promotion or the awarding of prizes, and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion or these terms and conditions, at any stage, but will always endeavour to minimize the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
27. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this promotion or accepting or using the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
28. Prize winners may be required to participate in publicity relating to the promotion at no extra compensation over and beyond the award of prize.
30. There are no cash or other prize alternatives available in whole or in part except in the event of circumstances outside its control, when the promoter reserves the right to substitute similar alternatives of equal or greater value. Unless otherwise agreed in writing with the promoter the prize will only be awarded directly to the winner.
31. Contact details provided will be used for the purposes of administering this Promotion and not used for any further marketing purposes.
32. Entries deemed by the Promoter to be inappropriate will be disallowed; this includes but is not limited to any use of profanity, racism, offensive terms / language and inappropriate photo submissions.
33. Winner publication: The names of the major winner(s) may be obtained by sending a signed handwritten request along with a stamped self-addressed envelope detailing your request to the Marketing Team, Telefónica UK Limited, 260 Bath Road, Slough SL1 4DX, and marked with the name of the Prize Draw.
34. By uploading your photo you give permission to the Promoter to use the image on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and also grants the Promoter a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide license to republish the entrant’s entry in electronic format and hard copy for purposes connected with the promotion; and authorises the Promoter to use entrant’s name and town or city and country of residence for the sole purpose of identifying entrant as the author of the entry and/or as a winner of the promotion.
35. The Promoter’s decision is final with regard to all promotional matters. By participating in the offer, you accept these terms & conditions and are bound by all the rules and regulations in full. Please retain these terms and conditions for future reference.
36. Any question concerning the legal interpretation of the rules will be based on English law and the Courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.
PROMOTER: Telefónica UK Limited, 260 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 4DX (“O2”).