Brendan O’Reilly, CTO, O2 There is something quintessentially British about watching live sport. Whether it’s…Read more
10 Things to Do in the Dark- Earth Hour 2016
With Earth Hour 2016 in only a matter of days, three to be exact, we want to prepare you for the one hour of having all of your lights off.
So to make sure we don’t leave you in the dark (pun intended), we have compiled a list of 10 things to do in the dark this Earth Hour.
- Get together with friends and family and have a bonfire under the stars. However, if the British weather doesn’t work in your favour, why not light a few candles and roast some marshmallows indoors?
- Hijack the weekly pub quiz- because everyone knows a pub quiz with your friends are underrated!
- Go back to basics with some old fashioned board-games like scrabble, Pictionary or Cluedo.
- Get the family together and bring out all of the old photo albums to relive memories from your first steps, your first family holiday or your first prom!
- Light a few candles and practice those yoga poses- guaranteed to make you feel relaxed.
- Switch off for the hour and have a power nap, because who doesn’t love a nap before you hit the town on a Saturday night.
- Curl up under a blanket and read a good book or listen to your favourite album.
- As we head into spring, it’s time for the dreaded spring clean. Why not set this hour aside to get things started?
- Time to raid your wardrobe? Get rid of what doesn’t fit anymore, including those big winter coats, and donate them to your local charity shop. After all, cleaning out your wardrobe only leaves room to buy more…
What will you be doing this Earth Hour on the 19th March between 8:30-9:30pm whilst all your lights are switched off? Let us know in the comments below.
And if you need a little reminder, simply text EARTHHOUR, EARTH, or EARTHOUR to 61202, regardless of what network you are with, and we’ll remind you an hour before Earth Hour begins to get ready to switch everything off!
For more information on Earth Hour click here to read our recent blog ‘Earth Hour 2016- Save The Date’, or for even more information from WWF click here!