By Nicola Green, Corporate Affairs Director, O2 For me, June marked one year in my…Read more
Are you using Charge to Mobile yet?
The smartphone has revolutionised and changed most things we do in our daily lives. With it, you’re a photographer, musician, blogger or gamer; you can do everything with your phone.
If you didn’t know, you can also use it like a bank card. And we’re not talking about contactless payments – that’s so 2017… We’ve got something simpler and even more seamless. Hello, Charge to Mobile.
What is Charge to Mobile?
It’s a mobile payment technology that allows you to make purchases that go directly onto your monthly mobile bill, or come out of your available credit. So if you’re a Pay Monthly customer and your bill comes out on the 1st of the month, anything you buy before then using Charge to Mobile will be bundled into your monthly phone bill, helping you manage your monthly spend a little easier and helping you track your mobile purchases. For our Pay As You Go customers, any purchases made with Charge to Mobile are taken from your available credit.
What can I use Charge to Mobile with?
You can use it to pay for your monthly music subscription, buy games and apps, pay for music, movies or ebooks – all with the benefit of the payments being bundled in with your monthly mobile bill, or coming off your Pay As You Go credit. Here’s a list of places you can use Charge to Mobile:
- On the App Store to buy apps, music, movies, books and more, including Apple Music subscriptions and iCloud storage on iPhone & iPad devices
- On Google Play Store to buy apps, music, movies and more, including Google Play subscriptions on Android devices
- In the Microsoft Store to buy apps, movies and more for your Xbox or Windows device
- Pay for your monthly Spotify subscription
- Buy PS4, PS3 and PS Vita content through the PlayStation store
- Buy games and apps to use on Facebook
How do you setup Charge to Mobile?
It’s super easy. Just follow the instructions below to get up and running, depending on which mobile device you have:
- Go to the App Store.
- Select Account
- Tap ‘Apple ID’ and sign in.
- Go to ‘Payment Information’.
- Select ‘Mobile Phone’.
- Tap ‘Use This Mobile Number’.
- Choose what you want to buy on Google Play and go to buy.
- Go to the ‘Payment Methods’ window. It should appear automatically. If not, go back to the window with the ‘Buy’ button and open the dropdown menu by tapping the arrow next to the price.
- Choose ‘Use O2 Billing’, follow the steps and then enter your details and save as your payment method.
- Go to the Microsoft Store
- Select the content you want to buy.
- Select “Mobile Phone” and “O2” as your payment method.
- Enter your phone number, and the verification code when prompted.
Is Charge to Mobile safe?
Absolutely! We only work with sellers we trust. And we check services to make sure they meet industry standards. Using Charge to Mobile also means that you don’t need to remember or share any bank details, as purchases are billed directly to your Pay Monthly bill or Pay As You Go credit – which you can see via the My O2 app or online.
So, what are you waiting for?
Charge to Mobile gives our customers an easy way to pay for their mobile purchases, from your monthly music subscription on Spotify, to buying games, apps and more on your Apple, Android or Microsoft device. If you’re not already making use of the service, there’s never been a better time to start.
Visit us on the O2 Community and let us know of any feedback you may have after trying Charge to Mobile – if you had any issues, or if it was an absolute breeze to setup and use – which from our 80%+ satisfaction score, we’re sure it will be.