Keep Me Posted campaign awards ‘Good Practice’ Mark of Distinction to O2 (Telefónica UK) Consumers…Read more
O2 Gurus to deliver digital bootcamps across South Wales
- O2 is deploying O2 Gurus to Carmarthen, Haverfordwest and Pembroke dock to help residents get the most out of their mobiles
- The telecoms operator will also be running online safety sessions at the O2 campervan at Catherine’s walk, Carmarthen to help parents keep their children safe online
- This year, O2 has connected over 550 towns and villages across Wales to high speed 4G mobile internet
O2 is deploying its O2 Gurus to help residents of South Wales take full advantage of the benefits their smartphones and 4G mobile connectivity offers, as they warm-up the O2 campervan to begin a tour of South Wales on Monday 4th December.
The mobile experts, known as O2 Gurus, will be on hand in the locations from 9am to 5pm 4 – 6 December to answer any questions and share advice and tips to help residents get the most out of their smartphones. On the same day, O2 will also be running an online safety sessions to give parents the knowledge and tools they need to help keep their children safe online. The one hour drop-in sessions are taking place at 11am and 1pm at the O2 campervan, St Catherine’s walk, Carmarthen.
The telecoms operator has been working tirelessly to connect more people across Wales to fast and reliable 4G connectivity. This year alone, O2 has connected over 550 new towns and villages from Conwyn to Port Talbot with 4G, providing many welsh citizens with the connectivity to do what they want when they want. Alongside the 4G rollout, O2 wants to ensure that residents in newly connected areas like South Wales are equipped with the knowledge and skills to use their smartphones and 4G connectivity to their full potential.
The O2 Gurus will be able to help anyone, whether an O2 customer or not, with anything mobile related including:
- How to share video and photos with friends and family
- How to shop on your mobile so you can quickly snag those last-minute Xmas presents
- Setting up emails so you can easily receive and respond to them on the move
- Changing settings so your phone is perfectly set up for your needs
- Checking privacy options so you’re confident in sharing information
The O2 campervan will also be equipped with charging points just in case residents need to a power boost while they’re out and about.
O2 COO Derek McManus said: “Mobile motors our modern world. A good connection can make all the difference to how we communicate with each other as individuals and it is a key factor to the success of local businesses. It’s why we continue to work tirelessly to bring the benefits of 4G mobile connectivity to residents and local businesses in Wales.
“We’re sending our mobile experts, O2 Gurus, to South Wales to help local residents take full advantage of the technology right at their fingertips. The gurus will be happy to answer any questions people have and offer advice so they feel completely confident and excited about using their smartphones.”
During the tour of South Wales, the O2 campervan will be visiting the following locations:
- 4th December- St Catherine’s walk, Carmarthen
- 5th December – Castle Square, Haverfordwest
- 6th December – Gordon street, Pembroke dock
O2 invests over £2 million every day to deliver the best-connected experience for its customers, rolling out 4G as well as strengthening its 2G and 3G coverage. O2’s 4G coverage now covers 98 per cent of the UK outdoor population, helping to connect even more customers to high-speed 4G mobile connectivity and shape the future of a truly mobile Britain.