Brendan O’Reilly, CTO, O2 There is something quintessentially British about watching live sport. Whether it’s…Read more
O2 helps British businesses return to work with new safeguarding solutions
- O2 Business launches suite of IoT safeguarding solutions for businesses – enabling fast, secure and safe access to the workplace
- Partnership with Bell Integration will provide range of solutions, from thermal scanning devices to contactless visitor management, available to O2 business customers
- O2 is deploying similar technology within its own headquarters at Bath Road, Slough to support its employees when they return to work
O2 Business is rolling out a suite of innovative digital services for businesses to help the nation get back to work safely in a COVID-19 world. The services, which will enable fast, secure and safe access into and around the workplace, will also help give the UK public safer access to gyms, restaurants and other leisure activities by helping to manage the risk of contamination.
As lockdown eases, many businesses are understandably facing operational challenges and anxieties about the return to work, with The British Chambers of Commerce calling for companies to install “crystal-clear official guidance” on safety.
To help businesses adapt and ensure workplaces, and other customer-facing businesses, are safe to open up their doors – O2 has partnered with specialists at Bell Integration to launch a suite of IoT safeguarding solutions for businesses. Unique digital services available to O2’s business customers include:
- Thermal Imaging Tablet with Contactless Visitor Management – the first all-in-one infrared temperature sensing tablet, which can read surface body temperature (accurate to +/- 0.3 °C) from a distance of one metre. This service is combined with the capability to manage visitors from a distance and enable a contactless check-in experience – where each visitor will need to use a unique QR code to verify their attendance. All visitor data is secure and GDPR compliant, and will be able to support the government’s track and trace efforts if required.
- Handheld Thermal Imaging Scanner – whilst handheld thermal imaging devices already exist on the market, many have an accuracy of +/- 2 degrees. In comparison, O2 and Bell Integration’s IoT solution is accurate to 0.5 degrees – the highest possible accuracy via a single camera. This can be used in controlled locations with a limited number of people, as well as situations with high footfall, such as airports, transport services and public spaces.
- Social Distancing Room Management – monitors the people count and occupancy status of communal areas such as bathrooms, kitchens and meeting areas. A simple digital display unit shows green or red as to when it is safe to enter a room or communal space, in accordance with social distancing rules.
O2 is deploying similar Contactless Visitor Management and Thermal Imaging Scanning technology at its headquarters in Bath Road, Slough, as well as trialling the new technology at various small businesses, high street venues (pubs, restaurants) and workplaces.
Jo Bertram, Managing Director at O2 Business, said: “We’re delighted to be rolling out these new solutions to help British business reopen their doors safely. During lockdown, connectivity became one of the UK’s most valued services and we have continued to look at ways we can use our customer-centric networks to support this country.
“As we look to rebuild Britain, these new COVID-19 solutions will help minimise the risk of spreading the virus as the nation returns to work – through automation and reducing moments of physical interaction. It will not only help businesses get back on their feet but bolster their confidence as they reopen their doors over the coming weeks and months.”
John Davenport, Sales Director at Bell Integration said “We are excited to partner with O2 to deliver COVID-19 safeguarding solutions. IoT can play a major role in maintaining social distancing and helping to prevent the spread of the virus. We believe O2’s extensive connectivity, combined with Bell Integration’s experience in deploying cutting-edge IoT solutions, will enable organisations to return to the workplace safely.”
Last month, O2 Business announced the rollout of a new suite of digital solutions including virtual queuing, staff scheduling and appointment booking technologies – which proved successful in allowing O2 to reopen its retail stores – to a range of O2 customers including retailers, supermarkets, stadia and healthcare businesses.
For more information please contact the O2 Press Office (firstname.lastname@example.org)