As LGBT History Month draws to a close, I wanted to recognise what our people…Read more
WIRED 2011 TOGETHER WITH O2 ' THE FUTURE WILL BE HERE.
WIRED is delighted to announce 19 further key speakers at WIRED 2011 Together with O2:
Speakers being announced today are Alex Laskey, President and Founder of Opower, an industry-leading Smart Grid and Energy Efficiency software company;
- Alexander Ljung, founder and CEO of SoundCloud;
- Andrew Blake, Managing Director of Microsoft Research Cambridge;
- Ben Hammersley, Editor at Large of WIRED magazine;
- Carie Lemack, Co-Founder of Global Survivors Network (GSN), a global organisation for victims of terror to speak out against radicalisation;
- Christopher Mikkelsen, Co-Founder of Refugees United, a website which allows refugees to trace lost members of their family;
- Dr. Debbie Berebichez, physicist, author and media personality who currently presents National Geographic’s ‘Humanly Impossible’ show;
- Eyal Gever, original founder and CEO of numerous technology companies including Zapa Digital Arts, Gizmoz and Daz3D;
- Hans Ulrich Obrist, Co-Director of the Serpentine Gallery in London;
- Henry Robinson, co-founder of Families Against Intimidation and Terror (FAIT) and human rights activist;
- John Underkoffler, interface designer and Founder of Oblong Industries;
- Juliana Rotich, Global Voices blogger and Program Director of Ushahidi.com;
- Matthew Key, Chairman & CEO, Telefonica Digital;
- Peter Sunde, co-founder of Flattr;
- Professor Hertz, Judge Business School, University of Cambridge;
- Rachel Botsman, social innovator who consults on the power of collaboration through current and emerging network technologies;
- Russell Davies, WIRED columnist;
- Tom Hulme, Design Director at IDEO, a crowdsourcing innovation platform;
- Ulla-Maaria Engestr”m, founder and CEO of ThingLink.
Further details, including the conference agenda, will be announced soon.
WIRED 2011 Together with O2, a two-day conference celebrating ideas, innovations and the people reshaping our world, is being held at St Pancras Renaissance Hotel in London on the 13th and 14th October. The event will be a haven for disruptive thinking and radical opinion. Global opinion formers already confirmed as attending to speak include Joanna Shields, Richard Seymour, Chris Anderson, Werner Vogels, Stanley Yang, Yossi Vardi, Heather Knight, Gil Hirsch and Bjarke Ingels.
Speakers already announced include Joanna Shields, Richard Seymour, Bjarke Ingels, Gil Hirsch, Chris Anderson, Heather Knight, Stanley Yang, Werner Vogels, Yossi Vardi, Luke Johnson, Geoff McGrath, Lisa Harouni, Aza Raskin and Rory Sutherland.
There will also be 50 of the WIRED 100 2011 List attending the conference as delegates including Brent Hoberman, Profounders Capital; Stefan Glaenzer, White Bear Yard; Hermann Hauser, Amadeus Capital; Robin Klein, The Accelerator Group; Ajaz Ahmed, AKQA; Reshma Sohoni, Seedcamp; Julie Meyer, Ariadne Capital, David Kester, Design Council; Iain Dodsworth, Tweetdeck; Michael Acton-Smith, Mind Candy; and Bruno Giussani, TED. From key innovators to investors, this year’s list was WIRED’s second annual survey of the UK’s digital power brokers, compiled by a WIRED panel and readers of the magazine.
There are a very limited number of tickets available for WIRED 2011 Together with O2, at a price of £1495. For further information, or for registration, go to www.wiredevent.co.uk. Twitter: #wired11.