Terms and conditions for O2 Social Media Competition: Win a whole year's worth of gig tickets
We are running a competition on our social media channels (O2UK Facebook, O2Music Twitter and O2Music Instagram), the “Promotion”. Here are the terms and conditions.
Tell us your #UnforgettableGig story for a chance to win a whole year’s worth of gig tickets to your nearest O2 Academy venue. Competition closes midnight 30.04.18. Winners announced 04.05.18.
- Promotion Dates: We will be running the promotion from when the competition is announced on social (30.03.18 at 9:15pm) across the dates explained in a launch message: “competition closes midnight 30.04.18. Winners announced 04.05.18.”
- Entry: Entrants must be aged over 16.
- An Entry has to comply with what is asked by O2 in the launch message: “Tell us your #UnforgettableGig story”.
- If successfully drawn as a winner, the Entrant will be contacted by O2.
- Method of contact will be to send a ‘direct message’ from O2 Music on Twitter and Instagram, or from O2 on Facebook, asking for their address and mobile phone number. This is used for organising the facilitation of the prize.
- As the promotion is being run on Twitter, all Entrants must be following the specified channel on Twitter.
- Each winner will be notified by midnight on 04.05.18. The prize is awarded conditionally upon acceptance and if a winner is unable to be contacted after 48hours, or if any prize is unclaimed or declined within 48hours from initial contact time, the prize shall be deemed as unclaimed or unaccepted and a supplementary winner may be drawn at O2′s discretion.
- O2 will not be responsible for any inability of a prize winner to take up the specified prize.
- Winners: there will be 5 winners in total.
- Prize: The prize is as described in the message launching the competition. For example: “a whole year’s worth of gig tickets to your nearest O2 Academy venue”.
- “A whole year’s worth of gig tickets” equates to one pair of tickets to a gig per month for one full year, starting May 2018 ending April 2019 (12 pairs of tickets in total), at the O2 Academy venue nearest to their primary address. Prizes where possible will be sent out by Recorded Delivery to the UK address provided by the winner. Alternatively, winners and their guest will be put on the guestlist for the specific gig at the venue.
- The winners will need to liaise directly with O2 via direct message or email to agree on the 12 gigs. Visibility of upcoming gigs will be sent to the winners in as much advance notice as possible, as per announcements of gigs by individual artist promoter. Tickets to each gig must be agreed at least 3 weeks before gig takes place.
- The promoter of a Promotion on our social media channels is Telefónica UK Limited, 260 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 4DX (“O2”).
- Promotions are open to all customers of O2 who are UK residents, excluding employees of O2, or any of its subsidiary companies, their families, agents or anyone else connected with this promotion. No third party entries, bulk entries or entries submitted by agents will be accepted. O2 reserves the right to verify the eligibility of Entrants. O2 may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for the purpose of verifying the eligibility of an entry and the prize may be withheld until and unless O2 is satisfied with the verification.
- Each Promotion runs during the Promotion Dates set out in the launch message until the specified Closing Date. Entries received after this date and time will not be entered into the Promotion.
- The instructions provided at the point of entry form part of the terms & conditions of this Promotion, and in the event of a conflict, these terms & conditions take precedence.
- The Promotion is a prize draw, and therefore the winners will be selected at random from all eligible entries received.
- Unless otherwise expressly stated, where the prize requires attendance at a specific venue, the winner and any permitted companions will be solely responsible for travel to and from the venue and all other expenses. O2 assumes no responsibility and is not liable for any costs, charges or expenses which winners may be required to pay at any time in connection with a Prize. Any additional terms of entry specified by the venue will also apply which, in the case of events at The O2, can be viewed online at The O2’s site.
- O2 reserves the right to provide substitute prize(s) of similar value should the specified prize(s) become unavailable for reasons beyond its control. Cash or credit alternatives will not be offered. None of the prizes are transferable. Events may occasionally be cancelled for reasons outside O2’s control. O2 will endeavour to promptly update any relevant information but cannot issue refunds for texts sent or calls made before this occurs (where applicable). O2 will not be liable for any change of date or venue or cancellation of any event.
- O2 accepts no responsibility for incorrectly completed, lost or delayed entries, notices, acceptances, tickets or other documents related to the Prize(s).
- In the event of fraud, abuse, and/or an error affecting the proper operation of a Promotion, including the allocation of more prizes than are available, O2 reserves the right to end or suspend the Promotion; amend these terms & conditions; declare void the notification of winner(s); and/or to allocate available prizes by conducting a simple draw from all wrongly allocated winners.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is held invalid by any law, rule, order or regulation of any government, or by the final determination of any court of a competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
- The winner(s) may be required to participate in publicity connected with a Promotion and it is a condition of entry that the winner(s) agree to their name and country of residence being made publicly available if they win.
- The names of the major winner(s) may be obtained by sending a signed handwritten request along with a stamped self-addressed envelope detailing your request to the Marketing Team, Telefónica UK Limited, 260 Bath Road, Slough SL1 4DX, and marked with the name of the relevant Promotion.
- Entrants’ data will be collected, stored and processed for the purposes of administering and assessing the Promotion. If a prize includes tickets to an event then for the purpose of administering the ticket allocation, O2 reserves the right to exchange information and data regarding tickets and applications with third party ticket providers and/or service providers.
- O2’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- O2 reserves the right to suspend, cancel or amend a Promotion and/or review and revise these terms and conditions at any time without giving prior notice and by continuing to take part in the Promotion subsequent to any revision of these terms and conditions, Entrants shall be deemed to have agreed to any such new or amended terms.
- Promotions and these terms are governed by English Law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- The Promotion will be run on Facebook, however the Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. By entering the Promotion, you are providing information to O2 and not to Facebook and you release Facebook from any liability associated with the Promotion.
- If you choose to include images with your entry to the Promotion, please be aware this would mean we own the image from there on in. So even if you delete/remove the entered image, it would remain in our possession to use in our Broadcast Network banners at our events and venues.